More early batspeed?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
More on staying inside/on top of the ball, tee work.. and direction at 7:00, hands down to the ball

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Dare I say... If a hitter TTB properly, they will stay inside the ball...
They don't talk about TTB, let alone properly ... why is that? IMO, The barrel will turn as a result of, not a forced action. I must of posted over 50 videos this last month and watched twice as many. These pros work on so many things in practice and pre game, they aren't talking about or working on TTB. Again I am not saying the barrel doesn't turn, but that's not their focus

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
They don't talk about TTB, let alone properly ... why is that? IMO, The barrel will turn as a result of, not a forced action. I must of posted over 50 videos this last month and watched twice as many. These pros work on so many things in practice and pre game, they aren't talking about or working on TTB. Again I am not saying the barrel doesn't turn, but that's not their focus

Did I say it was?

May 12, 2016
Chicken or the egg. Staying inside the ball is all about barrel path. TTB is all about barrel path. They go together.
No, this is not a chicken or the egg situation. We have the experts, the best in the game, the producers of the perfect swing telling us what comes first, TTB is a result, a downstream product.

Jul 29, 2013
Again why do I need to? We have the best hitters in the game going into detail, breaking their swing down so we can all understand. Explaining what they work on in detail, what they practice on etc etc etc. Your not disagreeing with me, you are disagreeing with them and there's already 100's of videos posted, and they have the accolades to back them up. They have succeeded more than you or I ever will. If they can't convince you, what hope do I have.... 0

Whose Julie? :)

All of these guys practice and preach the movements you describe but when they play the game they swing differently.
Why?
Does the practice promote the game swing.
Is the practice wasted time and when the pitch is coming, their natural swing takes over?
Should coaches teach the practice swing or the game swing?

Not "whose Julie," but "who's Julie." It's a contraction of "who is." " Whose" denotes possession. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321