Mom calls out former coach on social media in a BIG WAY

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
They should, but I haven't seen her get the call yet. When I umpire 10u and 12u rec I definitely look to see if the batter has body parts in the strike zone.

Good. Especially when players start wearing armor and sticking their limbs over the plate. Drives me nuts how often that doesn't get called.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Good. Especially when players start wearing armor and sticking their limbs over the plate. Drives me nuts how often that doesn't get called.

My DD throws inside and I consider HBP to elbows, hands and knees as part of the game when players crowd the plate, but "earholing" a batter or drilling them in the middle of the back is not the same.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
My DD has a tendency to over rotate and pull her swing... as an adjustment while we're working through this, we've got her toed up to the line, so that she can hit the outside pitch easier... as a result, she's been hit at least once in nearly every game so far this year (approx. 45-50 games so far) her left thigh is minced meat, covered in countless bruises. She absolutely will NOT move out of the way. Just smiles as she takes her free base.
I did go buy her an evosheild elbow guard to help, but she's never gotten hit there yet...always in the thigh and hip area!
I really have no idea if any of those HBP were intentional or not, but my teams are extremely aggressive on the bases, so if you want to put my kids on for free, that's a huge mistake...LOL We don't leave many baserunners stranded.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2014
There is a lot more to this story, version I heard was the coach told her to throw a change up inside and if it hit the batter it was not a problem, and for some reason the girl threw a screwball. This pitcher is also known to throw mid 50's and I also heard this isn't the first time and the pitcher got upset because the batter is one of her best friends.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles