Mom calls out former coach on social media in a BIG WAY

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I can't even imagine what would possess a coach to tell a child to do this to another child.

I wonder what this coach would have done if, for just a second, he considered how he would feel if another coach did it to one of his players.

Aug 1, 2016
Unfortunately, i think its part of the game whether it's intentional or not.
Besides how fast is that 10yr old throwing any way?

A college coach just hit my dd in the batting cage yesterday. She's wearing her bruise proudly!
Where will it end if kids werent allowed to get hit by balls!?!?

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
DD playing 18 Gold as a quest player she was 16 at the time, was told to hit a batter and threw inside but did not aim to hit the player. The coach was levied and yelled at her for not hitting the batter. His point was what are you going to do when a college coach tells you to hit a player, also laid a guilt trip that she let the team and him down. She did not tell me this until we were on the way home.

DD a year earlier had hit a player by accident and sent her to the hospital and that was still fresh on her memory, the girl she hit was ok, but still a scary moment for both kids.

I called the coach the next day and told him of my thoughts of his actions, and it would not be suitable for the forum.

Jul 5, 2016
Unfortunately, i think its part of the game whether it's intentional or not.
Besides how fast is that 10yr old throwing any way?

A college coach just hit my dd in the batting cage yesterday. She's wearing her bruise proudly!
Where will it end if kids were'nt allowed to get hit by balls!?!?

HBP is part of the game. Being directed to do so by the coach? Not so much.

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
Playing in and 18U Open tournament against a team that was way better than us. Opposing pitcher had 2 college coaches in attendance. My DD broke up her no hitter with a solid single up the middle and only hit of the game. Next time up DD got drilled in the thigh with a first pitch +60 fastball. It was intentional and the Ump new it. The PU warned the pitcher and coach that anything close to looking like another intentional pitch to hit a batter will result in the pitcher and coach being tossed and the team would forfeit.

Thought the umpire handled the situation very well. Didn't get mad and was very direct and matter of fact to the coach and pitcher.

They were up 11-0 at the time. Opposing coach immediately changed pitchers to finish out the game and had a couple of choice words for his pitcher. This is case, by all indications, the pitcher did this on her own. The college coaches walked away right after the pitch shaking there heads.

Not always the coach who tells a pitcher to hit a batter. Sometimes they get stupid and do it on their own.

Nice 6" circular deep bruise with seam marks that my daughter wore, and is still wearing two weeks later, as a badge of honor. She didn't go down, didn't rub it and didn't cry. Tough weekend for her. Got cleated on a close play at home and broke her thumb catching the next game.

Nov 18, 2013
I’d be interested in hearing the coaches side. I’d feel differently if he told the pitcher to outright hit a girl vs telling her to throw inside and if it hit her so be it. Either case could come back to the Mother as “He told me to hit her”.

Nov 18, 2013
Playing in and 18U Open tournament against a team that was way better than us. Opposing pitcher had 2 college coaches in attendance. My DD broke up her no hitter with a solid single up the middle and only hit of the game. Next time up DD got drilled in the thigh with a first pitch +60 fastball. It was intentional and the Ump new it. The PU warned the pitcher and coach that anything close to looking like another intentional pitch to hit a batter will result in the pitcher and coach being tossed and the team would forfeit.

Thought the umpire handled the situation very well. Didn't get mad and was very direct and matter of fact to the coach and pitcher.

They were up 11-0 at the time. Opposing coach immediately changed pitchers to finish out the game and had a couple of choice words for his pitcher. This is case, by all indications, the pitcher did this on her own. The college coaches walked away right after the pitch shaking there heads.

Not always the coach who tells a pitcher to hit a batter. Sometimes they get stupid and do it on their own.

Nice 6" circular deep bruise with seam marks that my daughter wore, and is still wearing two weeks later, as a badge of honor. She didn't go down, didn't rub it and didn't cry. Tough weekend for her. Got cleated on a close play at home and broke her thumb catching the next game.

I’d be surprised if they left because she hit her. College coaches often view what we’d consider unacceptable behavior as being a fierce competitor. The girl playing for Utah that threw at an ump a few years ago comes to mind.

Apr 12, 2016
Minnesota
HS game this year against a good pitcher who throws hard. She somehow managed to hit our lead-off hitter in the first AB of the first game and then hit our #3 hitter in her first AB of the second game. She didn't come close to hitting anyone else. While I can't say what the pitcher was thinking, it seemed somewhat intentional to me based on the circumstances. Not much you can do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles