Mini TLUD 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
First thing is to setup the lowerbody. She has zero coil to prepare the lowerbody to swing.

We can discuss this further as we go along. And as others chime in.

First think take the back hip pocket towards the pitcher. This happens a split second after coiling around the back leg.

Watch this clip first.

3A384EC3-47B5-4B18-97B5-647145043EEC.gif

Get on the bar stool and ride it! Sit to hit!

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021
Tlud

She isn’t ready to swing. Therefor the back leg is completely dead and she just shifts weight forward on the front leg.

Most good hitters take longer to prepare the swing. They load/hold/swing like Mike Q showed me in a recent video.

She can really improve. I will post a video of what, where she can improve.
I completely agree. She had a 2nd coach that was helping her last week as well and we tried to practice it this week of when she sees the pitchers hand move she shift her weight and loads that back leg. Tonight with all the other changes that seemed to fall off. As a parent I’m trying real hard to stay out of the lesson and just repeat the drills on non coach days. Idk if that’s the right approach though.

Jan 27, 2021
She looks better for sure.

How much high level softball has she watched? Has she seen what they look like with more than a glance? Kid's can really learn alot by watching others.

If she hasnt, maybe try letting her watch some really good players. Let her watch older girls who are smashing it at that facility you go to. Let her watch how they move/swing and see what she thinks. Watch some NCAA games on tv/youtube etc maybe.

Do you show her these videos(of herself)? Another powerful tool
Next to none. But we can change that. We just get to use the high schools batting cages and none of the big girls have really started hitting yet. Maybe when they do we can stroll over and watch them. Thank you for that suggestion. I do show her the vids of her. But I think the 10yr old her just sees the POW and misses the mechanics.

Feb 25, 2020
Next to none. But we can change that. We just get to use the high schools batting cages and none of the big girls have really started hitting yet. Maybe when they do we can stroll over and watch them. Thank you for that suggestion. I do show her the vids of her. But I think the 10yr old her just sees the POW and misses the mechanics.

I watched a girl hit a ball about 40' feet up the tree line and into a swamp in november in person. She was about 6'1 and just blasted it. Left more of an impression on me than any HR from the MLB playoffs last year.

I think she might not know exactly what shes supposed to be trying to do yet.

That may be the fastest way to improve imo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877