Mike Candrea's Holiday Softball Camp

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
Hey, I'm seriously considering this camp for DD and myself--might bring mom too! Anyway, we live in Washington state. Just wondering who has attended this camp from out of Arizona state? What did you learn that would make your next trip smoother or better? You know, sometimes you go somewhere and wished you'd done it differently. Just looking for advice on anything to make this an enjoyable trip for both of us.

Thanks!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am local and will be able to help you scout out hotels, restaurants and things to see. I would also be able to help you with what the temps are like that week, because they can vary from cold to hot.

Feb 16, 2009
Search this thread for this topic before. We traveled from Midwest to camp last winter. For older, serious softball players it was not worth the trip. We would have been better off sending her to the intense week-long camp as you pay for the airfare anyway. There was approximately 175 girls there - 74 degrees last year.

Jun 21, 2010
Hello,
I justed booked our reservations for this camp. My one concern is my DD's bat bag with all her gear. We will have to check it and carry on our small personal bags. Any suggestions to make sure this bag arrives in Tucson when we do? Should I worry about this?

Since I last posted this thread has anyone else given consideration to going this year?

DD is looking forward to it as am I.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Hello,
I justed booked our reservations for this camp. My one concern is my DD's bat bag with all her gear. We will have to check it and carry on our small personal bags. Any suggestions to make sure this bag arrives in Tucson when we do? Should I worry about this?

Since I last posted this thread has anyone else given consideration to going this year?

DD is looking forward to it as am I.
Fed Ex it to the hotel.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have checked my bat bag, many times, w/o any problem. I didn't put it in a box or anything, but you could. I carry my glove on the plane, though, just to be sure that I have that.

Jun 21, 2010
Just a quick update. Batbag made it no problem. First day of camp was alot of fun for my dd. She was amazed at how many girls travelled out of state for this camp. She made friends with a girl from Florida right away. Hopefully the weather will hold out for today's sessions. Forecast doesn't look great, but looking out our hotel window no rain yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog