Mako, CF8 or Xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2015
My daughter is making the jump from 10U to 12U this fall and it's time for a new bat because the other is getting to short on her. The bat she used this summer was the Bustos which she did extremely well with. I have had my eye on the Mako for some time now and done quite a bit of homework on it and it appears highly recommended as well as the CF8 and Xeno bats.

What's everyone's thoughts on these bats? If you had to choose, which bat would you go with?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
My daughter is making the jump from 10U to 12U this fall and it's time for a new bat because the other is getting to short on her. The bat she used this summer was the Bustos which she did extremely well with. I have had my eye on the Mako for some time now and done quite a bit of homework on it and it appears highly recommended as well as the CF8 and Xeno bats.

What's everyone's thoughts on these bats? If you had to choose, which bat would you go with?

Those bats are all great, so it is the one your DD likes best. If you can get out to a demo place or borrows some of her teammates bats to get her some swings on, she'll tell you which one she likes the best. It really is personal preference.

My DD is a Demarini girl. Won't swing or even look at anything else. Most of her team swings Xenos. One swings an Easton. All great bats.

Edit: Whatever you choose, if you can get it from Coresoftball here, you wont regret it, and neither will your wallet.

iFastpitch

All Out, All Day
Apr 28, 2014
The Diamonds
Demo is always good idea. Demarini CF8 and Miken Freak Black. Extremely balanced. Usually spot on or slight under sticker. Hot to go.

Jul 25, 2015
Both DD's have always been Demarini and primarily CF series. I do not know of a bat that has better balance and for my DD's it seemed the sweet spot was more forgiving than the others you mentioned. The only issue I ever saw with the CF series was with DD#1 and she had trouble laying down a good bunt with a CF bat - seemed to get too much spring off.

All of the bats you mentioned are quality bats, so you really cannot go wrong but I would get DD some swings with all of them if possible and see what she likes best.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06