LXT vs CF actual barrel length?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 13, 2023
DD plays 9u we had gotten her a 2023 28” CF -11 which broke in half at the handle. Sent it to demarini for replacement and was informed that I could also swap it out for a slugger. My question is I know the CF has the longer actual barrel than say a same length LTX, but by how much? And does the longer barrel really add any benefit?

Thanks,

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Longer barrel doesnt mean sweetspot. The longer barrel does keep balls off the handle and
connection and the look of the bigger barrel gives kids a bit more confidence, but
your ss is still only so big. Just because you have a 10 inch barrel on a 28/17, the ss isnt 10 inches. Its still
only a couple inches.

And Im only guessing on barrel size just to give an example

Feb 14, 2019
DD plays 9u we had gotten her a 2023 28” CF -11 which broke in half at the handle. Sent it to demarini for replacement and was informed that I could also swap it out for a slugger. My question is I know the CF has the longer actual barrel than say a same length LTX, but by how much? And does the longer barrel really add any benefit?

Thanks,
We tried many brands/models of bats over the years and our experience was that you pretty much can't beat the CF line in sizes under 30 inches. You get lots of pop and a very forgiving barrel on balls hit just out of the sweet spot. For whatever reason, Demarini design in the shorter bats just plain works.

If you need a replacement bat in a hurry, I'd look for a used CF which can usually be found pretty cheap ($100 or so) at local Play It Again stores or Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace.

Full disclaimer, my DD is almost 13 and still prefers a CF to this day even though she's swinging a 32(-10) now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles