Coach says it is time for a longer bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
In a controlled environment with that same pitch speed and trajectory and same bat speed, same launch angle, hitting off the same part of the bat that is true.. however when a hitter picks up a bat and takes a dry swing they might be able to produce the same bat speed with a heavier bat... but can they control that bat the same way as the lighter bat? That's the key, so much more goes into hitting a ball than bat speed. When giving a choice between heavier and lighter, I choose lighter because with today's tech you still hit a ball a very long way with a drop 11 balanced bat
Did you not read past my first sentence?

Jun 8, 2016
Yes, am I not allowed to agree with you? LOL
Your method of showing you agree with me is right up there with my wives'...10 minutes of "conversation" about something only to find out she agrees with me..I mean I could have put two dips in, watched a half inning of the Sox and made a sandwich in the time she agreed with me :LOL:

May 12, 2016
Your method of showing you agree with me is right up there with my wives'...10 minutes of "conversation" about something only to find out she agrees with me..I mean I could have put two dips in, watched a half inning of the Sox and made a sandwich in the time she agreed with me :LOL:
But watching the Sox would of been a waste of time anyway... :)

Sep 29, 2014
Plus see if she can get a couple sessions in with the bat she wants; you said she tried the DM its what my DD swung and i though it felt lighter than other bats regardless of what the true weight was...its something she has to feel comfortable with...and definitely focus on watching how close she is to plate honestly most girls at this age/size are probably too far away from the plate.

Apr 30, 2018
I just looked at my DD's bat again and I was wrong. It is a 28" -11 not at 29". I think a size increase may not be a bad thing. Not a bad time to do it with many of the 2019 bats on close out prices. Think I'm going to take her to a Dick's Sporting Goods that isn't too far away. It has Hit Trax and lets you demo any bat in the store. This way I can let her hit some with her current bat and compare exit velocities to a few new bats. I'll take a few 11" game balls with me to use as they probably have 12" balls.

Apr 30, 2018
Just went to a Hit Trax cage to try some bats. They only let you use Lite Flight balls. Selection was limited with no 29" composite bats available. DD swung her existing 28" -11 LXT X17, a DeMarini Vendetta 30" -12 and a DeMarini CF Zen 30" -11. Data was interesting.
56fe684c73250d5a0c66eddd03924847.jpg

Zen had the best max exit velocity, but she was more consistent and had better distance with the Vendetta I really wish they had the LXT to try in a 29" -11 and a 30" -12. I'm leaning towards getting a LXT 30" -12. I think it will be better than the Vendetta. I think the 30" -11 Zen was just a little to much and she was having control issues with it. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Those are cute charts and beautiful bats, but she will hit the ball 20+ feet farther than either bat, using with her existing bat, with simple technique fixes.

I believe for 60ft base paths HB to 2B is 85 ft. You should be aiming for being able to hit the ball into the grass over 2B, which is probably 95-100 feet..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802