Lower Body (no stride)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2015
Might want to compare her to other "no stride" hitters....
Jimbo-Slice.gif
Albert-Pujols-no-stride.gif
bagwellnoshift2.gif

...as "dynamic balance" will change amongst different "styles" various hitters use.

Not saying that "balance" isn't important in hitting, just pointing out that the various degrees of movement(s) within the "planes of motion" will change with depending on the various styles hitters choose within their swing comfort levels, and trying to dictate a "one size fits all" loading/balance doctrine can be problematic when working with a wide variety of hitters, and the individual proprioceptions they bring to the cage or field with them.

Again, JMO...OMMV.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I like the lower body movement of this girl, I like the way she engages her hips and core, maintains her coil into heel plant and then explodes, it seems very sudden and powerful to me. I understand you don't agree, and that's all good with me. Do I think she get's too far over her back foot? Yes.. but I still like the what the lower body is doing and how it interacts with her core. I

Regardless, what is the question you want me to answer?

Sorry I forgot to quote you this ^^^^^ is my question to you. Post 40

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Might want to compare her to other "no stride" hitters....
Jimbo-Slice.gif

...as "dynamic balance" will change amongst different "styles" various hitters use.

Not saying that "balance" isn't important in hitting, just pointing out that the various degrees of movement(s) within the "planes of motion" will change with depending on the various styles hitters choose within their swing comfort levels, and trying to dictate a "one size fits all" loading/balance doctrine can be problematic when working with a wide variety of hitters, and the individual proprioceptions they bring to the cage or field with them.

Again, JMO...OMMV.

Great point. Julray insists that he likes the young lady’s actions, and would like to model her for his DDs swing.

Julray, look at Edmonds. Look at the young lady. If you said you want to model your DDs swing after Edmonds. That would be a different story. He is balanced. The young lady is not. When not balanced, compensations happen within the sequence and efficiency will suffer.

May 12, 2016
I’ll try asking in a different way...

Do you want to do athletic actions unbalanced?

Also...

When doing athletic actions unbalanced, do you think you will be efficient?

And...

Do you want to swing a bat efficiently or not?

That's 3 questions, :). I have no issues with her control, balance or athleticism in this swing. Do I think it's a perfect swing? no. She looks strong, balanced and sudden to me with a lot ability to adjust . Again, this thread is about her lower body movement while engaging her core with a no stride swing.. I like it!!

BTW, played a lot of ball growing up, but even played more hockey at a very high level, some athletic actions require the body to be imbalanced. Just sayin.

May 12, 2016
Great point. Julray insists that he likes the young lady’s actions, and would like to model her for his DDs swing.

Julray, look at Edmonds. Look at the young lady. If you said you want to model your DDs swing after Edmonds. That would be a different story. He is balanced. The young lady is not. When not balanced, compensations happen within the sequence and efficiency will suffer.

Yep I like his lower body as well.. looks very similar to the way she moves hers. Coiled to heel plant, front foot/hip opens at heel plant, hands back with resistance, stretch created.. looks great

May 12, 2016
When using a flawed template. How do you think your project will turn out?

Now you are getting deep W=w.. :). There are many templates, each of them without flaw. Application of the correct template will affect the outcome of a project. However, there are many applicable templates that can result in the success of a project. I like part of this template.. I think her lower body movement and core engagement is great

May 12, 2016
BTW, how does one hit off their front foot and not get off their backside at the same time.. those statements seem contradictory to me?

May 12, 2016
Julray I’m trying really hard here.

It's ok W=w, you don't have to. I enjoy conversing and I am listening to what you are saying. I am not being argumentative, I just feel strongly about what I am seeing. I have 0 issues with her lower body movement and core engagement. I do feel she get's over her back foot quite a bit.. but that's not my focus here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish