Lower Body (no stride)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Her front opens and fires. Her core does stretch so she can drag the bat through the zone. Don’t you see hips before hands? In the Kemp video, did you see this mechanic or did you see the back hip and hands fire?

Hard for me to tell with Kemp at that speed. But if the bat is not pulled (dragged just makes it seem so much worse, lol) through the zone, then wouldn't it be pushed?

Depends on what you mean by "fired".. I do see progressive hand movement in the girl when the back hip/knee is engaged

I don't see the difference in these swings in regard to what we are discussing.. for the record before anybody jumps all over me I am not saying this girl is Pujols, lol. But I believe they are in the same sequence here, front foot open, front hip opening, back hip/knee engaging and turning, and hands still back.

2018-10-19 8-42-13 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Hard for me to tell with Kemp at that speed. But if the bat is not pulled (dragged just makes it seem so much worse, lol) through the zone, then wouldn't it be pushed?

Depends on what you mean by "fired".. I do see progressive hand movement in the girl when the back hip/knee is engaged

I don't see the difference in these swings in regard to what we are discussing.. for the record before anybody jumps all over me I am not saying this girl is Pujols, lol. But I believe they are in the same sequence here, front foot open, front hip opening, back hip/knee engaging and turning, and hands still back.

View attachment 13365

Please reference post 29 again.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If you are out of balance. You must compensate and use different muscles to finish said task. If you were shooting a basketball with a sprained ankle. Would you have good balance? Or would you have to compensate somewhere to find a good release? Would you be in balance? Would you make more if you were balanced or more unbalanced?

The point is the girl is out of balance so she must compensate to get the barrel to the ball. Compensating when you don’t have a lot of time is well... obvious.

May 12, 2016
If you are out of balance. You must compensate and use different muscles to finish said task. If you were shooting a basketball with a sprained ankle. Would you have good balance? Or would you have to compensate somewhere to find a good release? Would you be in balance? Would you make more if you were balanced or more unbalanced?

The point is the girl is out of balance so she must compensate to get the barrel to the ball. Compensating when you don’t have a lot of time is well... obvious.

Gotta say you and FiveFrameSwing sure seem like the same person. Very very similar writing style.. you must be closely related, :).

Back to the point of the thread.. how do you feel about her lower body approach for a no stride swing?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Gotta say you and FiveFrameSwing sure seem like the same person. Very very similar writing style.. you must be closely related, :).

Back to the point of the thread.. how do you feel about her lower body approach for a no stride swing?

I’ll take that as a compliment.. :) . Like I said her sequence is unbalanced. So no I don’t like hips BEFORE hands. I don’t like the compensations she makes to get to the ball.

Julray,

I want you to answer the question I keep posing to you with critical thinking. If you don’t want to answer on the board , PM me.

May 12, 2016
I’ll take that as a compliment.. :) . Like I said her sequence is unbalanced. So no I don’t like hips BEFORE hands. I don’t like the compensations she makes to get to the ball.

Julray,

I want you to answer the question I keep posing to you with critical thinking. If you don’t want to answer on the board , PM me.

You've asked many questions, why one are you referring to? Again, this thread was created with lower body in mind. I like her lower body approach on a no stride swing, it's the same action I am seeing in the MLB'ers who have a no stride approach... strictly speaking lower body

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You've asked many questions, why one are you referring to? Again, this thread was created with lower body in mind. I like her lower body approach on a no stride swing, it's the same action I am seeing in the MLB'ers who have a no stride approach... strictly speaking lower body

Ok. I’ll try again... since she is unbalanced, her sequence is ‘flawed’ or ‘compensations’ have to be made to finish her lower body sequence.

May 12, 2016
Ok. I’ll try again... since she is unbalanced, her sequence is ‘flawed’ or ‘compensations’ have to be made to finish her lower body sequence.

I like the lower body movement of this girl, I like the way she engages her hips and core, maintains her coil into heel plant and then explodes, it seems very sudden and powerful to me. I understand you don't agree, and that's all good with me. Do I think she get's too far over her back foot? Yes.. but I still like the what the lower body is doing and how it interacts with her core. I

Regardless, what is the question you want me to answer?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I’ll try asking in a different way...

Do you want to do athletic actions unbalanced?

Also...

When doing athletic actions unbalanced, do you think you will be efficient?

And...

Do you want to swing a bat efficiently or not?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish