Lower body and hips

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Can the lowerbody be set to turn from the start, ready to rotate? And you load or stretch against the that action, pull the rubber band back. Or put another way, are you trying to rotate (use the lowerbody) from the very beginning and you pull back the rubber band against the forward action of starting the lowerbody.

Hopefully that make sense.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Can the lowerbody be set to turn from the start, ready to rotate? And you load or stretch against the that action, pull the rubber band back. Or put another way, are you trying to rotate (use the lowerbody) from the very beginning and you pull back the rubber band against the forward action of starting the lowerbody.

Hopefully that make sense.

What do you consider the “lower body” is hips the lower body in your opinion?

Are you referring to using the hips instead of the rear leg to stretch against like many believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 16, 2015
South East
I’m thinking that it would interfere with SSC and probably produce a slower more around type swing IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The legs do play a role, obviously, and the actions of the lowerbody can be considered created by the legs to some extent. For example you load the hips against the back leg.

So you can say the legs/lowerbody are/is working from the start. And you can load against the action of the legs/hips.

I hope I'm explaining it correctly about the lowerbody working from the beginning.

Jul 29, 2013
The legs do play a role, obviously, and the actions of the lowerbody can be considered created by the legs to some extent. For example you load the hips against the back leg.

So you can say the legs/lowerbody are/is working from the start. And you can load against the action of the legs/hips.

I hope I'm explaining it correctly about the lowerbody working from the beginning.
Shawn, I'm a big proponent of opening the hips during the stride. The shoulders stay square or closed and the core becomes torqued. Then when you extend the front leg it drives that side of the pelvis rearward, torques the core even more and initiates rotation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying