Lower body and hips

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
There are a multitude of ways you could attack it from... a pvc pipe walkway from the hands and COM dropping during the forward move while maintaining posture.

Something like this.

Here’s his progression.

Hey I like the PVC pipe being used in this manner. You could also hold the bat to create some resistance, the coach would hold the bat. I do like the PVC drill.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Can the lowerbody be set to turn from the start, ready to rotate? And you load or stretch against the that action, pull the rubber band back. Or put another way, are you trying to rotate (use the lowerbody) from the very beginning and you pull back the rubber band against the forward action of starting the lower body.

Trying to do what you described here.

She doesn't have a good rear leg angle. She has it tall and then she gets taller into the swing as the front hip move upwards. The hips do angle upwards, although the back knee/leg angle is to steep, 130 degrees maybe. Should be closer to 100 degrees.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think she is also relying on shoulder tilt north and south, instead if shoulder tilt east and west. I think that is what work=wins is seeing with the elbow coming into the side.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
100 degrees from flat ground? is that the leg to the ground or the knee bend ? How do you teach a 15 degree change in knee /leg angle?

100 to 115 degrees is the measurement from the thigh to the lower leg, the bend is the knee. So 90 degree would be a lowered back knee and 90 degree from the upper leg to the lower leg.

Well for starters on creating better geometry, she need to stop standing up (coming out of legs as work=wins mentioned). The back knee is extending prior and through contact right now.

The hips will tilt upwards naturally without trying to create a upwards action.

And you teach to flex the knee as you initiate the swing, creating a flexed back leg/knee.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom