Louisville Slugger FPXM Mendoza Bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
My DD plays at the rec level, and is currently using an Easton Mystique aluminum bat (31"/-11.5). She'll need to move up to a 32" bat soon, and I'd like to get her a composite bat without spending a fortune. The Louisville Slugger FPXM Mendoza bats are composite bats that get good reviews on the internet and can be purchased for < $100. Does anyone have any experience with this bat? Are there any other composite bats < $150 that I should be considering? Thanks for any info/help you can provide.

Jul 26, 2010
You can get last years Easton Synergy Crystal (-11.5) for $99 at softball.com. It's the same as this years Synge but half the price. My daughter used one for a few years, good for the price and held up well.

-W

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I'd rather go with the Synergy. Bigger name.

That being said, I have seen Mendoza on TV with her bats, using her bats, and in demonstrations using her bats. It's nice to see a player actually using the products with her name slapped all over them.

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
My DD has one that she uses when it is too cold to use her CF4. We figured it would be better to risk breaking a $100 bat over a $300 bat. The Mendoza does have a slight end load feel to it and actually feels heavier than the -10 CF4, both 32". Once the bat broke in it really has some nice pop to it. For a cheaper composite, I'd highly recommend it. My DD has the white 2010 model but you can find the older purple model even cheaper, usually under $80.

FWIW, my DD has Jessica's Frozen Ropes video and, on the cover you can clearly see Jessica's bat is a 34", 27 oz bat (-7), which you cannot buy. During the World Cup where she didn't need ASA certified bats, she was using an endloaded Z-1000 slowpitch bat.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
FWIW, my DD has Jessica's Frozen Ropes video and, on the cover you can clearly see Jessica's bat is a 34", 27 oz bat (-7), which you cannot buy. During the World Cup where she didn't need ASA certified bats, she was using an endloaded Z-1000 slowpitch bat.
Interesting that they didn't turn the bat so you could not see that.

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
Yeah, you'd hope the composition of the bat would be the same but, since it is definitely customized for her, you never can tell.

mendoza.gif

2vijceu.gif

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I'd be willing to bet that her personal bat is a lot nicer than some of the others. If they see her hitting bombs on TV with it, kids will want the "same" bat as her.

Jun 21, 2010
We have the purple one--length/weight escapes me. After a successful season using someone else's, which was well broken in, my DD wanted one. Broken in bat nice pop. DD's slightly broken in ( 500-600 hits ) pop is getting there, but not as nice as the other borrowed bat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy