Are Composite Bats Demonstrably Better?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
As others have attested….it’s a huge difference. When DD started we didn’t know any better either. Bought some $45 aluminum bat from Academy. She played a whole year of competitive 10u with it.

Then we bought an inexpensive composite bat for 12u and what a difference. After that we upgraded to a Xeno. It couple with hitting lessons….big change.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Beginning rec ball, using squishy RIF balls, the bat is going to make very little difference. As soon as they start using proper balls (Dream Seam, for example), a good composite bat will make a significant difference vs. aluminum.

Jun 20, 2015
well, since she's getting actual lessons, the $300 bat versus $0.03 swing argument should be eliminated. HAHA

and as other have stated, a decent composite bat will show performance gains. lightly used or last years model, of the correct size, and you all will be amazed.

Jun 7, 2021
I’d like to thank everyone who responded. I will find her a new bat ASAP!

So which is best best? Ghost, Mantra or Meta? JUST KIDDING!

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 6, 2015
Ask her hitting coach if she knows of anyone who might have a used bat that would work for her (ie they outgrew one). same for possibly older teams in your org.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Ask her hitting coach if she knows of anyone who might have a used bat that would work for her (ie they outgrew one). same for possibly older teams in your org.

This is a great idea. Or just look in local Facebook markets/groups. At that age girls are constantly growing out of their bats and have put minimal hits on them.

May 1, 2018
My kids did this as a science experiment and the results were composite bats hit roughly 25% further..... as a guy who plays slow pitch, we hear a ping and everyone moves in.

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
Several years back we had our head coaches daughter who was a good pitcher but batted last. Used a cheaper aluminum bat and never hit the ball out of the INF. One day during BP in the cage I let her try an Easto Mako my daughter outgrew. It was an eye opening difference of night and day. Dad was thrilled, bought it on the spot from me. In games became a serviceable hitter consistently hitting it to the OF. They always claim it’s the Indian not the arrow which is semi true. BUT Tiger Woods wouldn’t by his golf clubs at Walmart lol.

Jun 8, 2016
BUT Tiger Woods wouldn’t by his golf clubs at Walmart lol.
This is true, but it is also true that (at one point at least) Tiger Woods could probably buy Walmart (ok not really..but you get the point). Note this is not me
saying that there is no difference between aluminum and composite, this is me saying that sometimes (for various reasons) it makes sense to buy
the 2 year model of maybe the not hottest composite bat out there vs jumping on the new model...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles