New gear advice?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
@YOCOACH, I’m probably going back into coaching at some point. I wrapped it up at the end of summer tourneys this year. I have the luxury of taking this year off and avoiding the mess of 2020/2021.

I really want to be an assistant coach again though. Being a head coach, dealing with the emails, the parents, the tournament stuff was like a full time job.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Training teams, not on the coaching staff,
is REALLY A GREAT THING!

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Thanks, this is very helpful! She hasn't swung a Xeno, but in reading up on them I always wondered if that would be a good bat for her. We will check it out. She does love her LS!!

I definitely agree with going with a used bat at this point. They grow so much at this age that they go through correctly sized bats pretty fast.

My daughter is a first year 10u player and loves her Xeno. Its a 2016 so its a little heavier but she also had a lighter Demarini CF to use if the pitching was a bit faster.

Oct 10, 2018
When looking at the Ghost be aware it is end loaded despite what they say. We got DD a Ghost Advanced this past spring and the balance point is well up on the barrel. You'll need to see what she swings best with. A contact/slapper bat like the Prism, a true balanced bat like the LXT or end loaded like the Ghost. An expensive experiment for us, she was hitting perfectly with the LXT but when she grew out of if it her coach recommended the Ghost. It's not right for her and her hitting stats suffered. We got her next "want to have it" bat, the Prism but it was too wimpy and she broke it in a month. Finally getting her another LXT with the warranty replacement on the Prism.

Apr 9, 2020
Any bat that is size and weight appropriate .. just be aware that as she does move to 12u and starts playing more advanced and training more I was told by Demarini (when she used to use that brand ) that bc of 12” ball , faster velocity and more swings you might want to stay away if the drop 11 vs drop 10 as the rep told me that the amount they thin the wall to get the weight down significantly weakens the barrel which is ok with small ball vs larger ball.. when sent back her cracked drop 11 they suggested drop 10 as she was moving up and I would prob have to replace the replacement sooner than later.. I took drop 10 and have never looked back as she is now committed to a d1 school of her choice and now probably gonna move to drop 9 to get little more pop .. good luck and the used route on eBay etc or older player in organization that out gtee may be worth looking into like others have suggested .. best of luck and enjoy time !

Nov 11, 2019
IMO the bat looks too big during her practice swings. Shorter, lighter bat will generate more bat speed and easier to get through the zone

Nov 11, 2019
Dd is 5 ft on a 14u b team. Swings a 30in -10 xeno and won’t try anything else. She loves it.

Mar 28, 2020
IMO the bat looks too big during her practice swings. Shorter, lighter bat will generate more bat speed and easier to get through the zone
Thanks for the tip- glad you could see the video! Didn't think folks could see it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles