Lotief?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I agree that this may be a model which will help decrease costs in the future, in particular for higher education in the sciences and engineering
where many (very good) free lectures are available online. With this model the role of most professors in the teaching portion of their jobs would change
from a provider of information to more of a learning facilitator, e.g. someone who is much more available to answer questions, oftentimes in a more intimate setting.
This already is done to some extent with so called "flipped classrooms" where the students are expected to prepare for a lecture ahead of time
and then come to the classroom ready to ask questions/discuss the material. This does, however, rely on the student being mature enough
to do the work ahead of time.

Of course at the moment there is nothing stopping a student from using these online resources to enhance their learning
even if they are still "forced" to sit in a lecture.

Trust your experience with the higher learning stuff. Lack of a lecture to listen to has been my DDs complaint. My HS sophomore DD has been helped tremendously with Algebra2 and chemistry videos. Her Chem teacher told one student that she will not help with her Chemistry packet because its a college prep class and she needs to do it by herself. This made DD not want to ask for help. After watching a couple Chem videos DD had a big smile on her face and said she had learned more in the last 15 minutes than during the first quarter. DD watched a Al2 video with some weird guy in a startrek suit and a lot of her questions(that she didnt know to ask) were answered and it 'clicked'. Her AP world class work is mostly all on the computer.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
There are plenty of bright young men and women who are ready to step up to coach the next generation.

These bright young men and women will need to be sure not to offend any entitled little brats or they too will be out of a job in what has become a culture of over the top political correctness.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
There are plenty of bright young men and women who are ready to step up to coach the next generation.

Oh believe me, I know that there are. I could type a whole page on why they might want to rethink that. Still, they will replace those like me. Probably for the good.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
These bright young men and women will need to be sure not to offend any entitled little brats or they too will be out of a job in what has become a culture of over the top political correctness.
It is much deeper than than. If the right power brokers in a community cry foul, your young coach just might end up in jail. We had a volleyball coach in this area who had a great future. She sent her volleyball team for a run around the school instead of a run around the gym. Some of the charges against her included that these volleyball players were unsupervised during this run. The coach set up the volleyball court while they were running. She was charged by some parents for "fat shaming" players who were embarrassed by coming in late. This young teacher was fired. I taught and coached her. Her teaching career is ruined.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
It is much deeper than than. If the right power brokers in a community cry foul, your young coach just might end up in jail. We had a volleyball coach in this area who had a great future. She sent her volleyball team for a run around the school instead of a run around the gym. Some of the charges against her included that these volleyball players were unsupervised during this run. The coach set up the volleyball court while they were running. She was charged by some parents for "fat shaming" players who were embarrassed by coming in late. This young teacher was fired. I taught and coached her. Her teaching career is ruined.

Wow. Just wow.

Nov 29, 2009

Several years ago there was a guy who coached a MS softball team to a State Championship. The coach did not take a couple of the School Board members kids on the team. He also played the tournament to win. That included not playing other board members kids. During an interview with a local reporter after winning the coach referred to their #1 pitcher as the "Horse" of the pitching staff because she pitched the bulk of the innings during the tournament.

All of the sudden the girl was upset and crying because he called her a name, per the school board. Long story short he was let go as the coach. The school softball program went back to mediocrity after that. As for the girl, she played in the same program as the coach's daughter. Being called a "Horse" was seen as a compliment given to a girl who could go out there and perform well and help carry the team for multiple games if necessary.

Oct 2, 2015
Cannonball's and Riseball's posts...A+!

I would've loved it, if DD1 had the all around talent and grades to go play for Lotief!

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
Yes, routine use of the word "pussy" is obviously the most effective way to bring out the most competitive personality of each player, and threatening to orally and anally rape the grounds crew is just being old school. Some people are SO sensitive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877