Lotief?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 1, 2013
Back on topic

Did everyone read the player's accounts? Lotief should be fired. All of those girls describe a hostile environment and I wouldn't let my daughter or anyone I care about play for him.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Back on topic

Did everyone read the player's accounts? Lotief should be fired. All of those girls describe a hostile environment and I wouldn't let my daughter or anyone I care about play for him.

So, what happens when a player has an agenda to destroy a coach and so makes statements that aren't true? I don't know about Lotief's situation but do know mine and so, according to you, I should be fired when, in fact, not one charge was true.

Edited to add:

I went and watched the various angles of the press conference for Coach Lotief. In doing so, other than a leg of one player, you can't count the side to the right of Step Lotief, there are over 20 players there to support him. None of us know the attitude of the player and so, that matters as well per coaching and instruction. None of us know much at all. I am hoping that this does go to court so that we can hear all.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2013
So, what happens when a player has an agenda to destroy a coach and so makes statements that aren't true? I don't know about Lotief's situation but do know mine and so, according to you, I should be fired when, in fact, not one charge was true.

Edited to add:

I went and watched the various angles of the press conference for Coach Lotief. In doing so, other than a leg of one player, you can't count the side to the right of Step Lotief, there are over 20 players there to support him. None of us know the attitude of the player and so, that matters as well per coaching and instruction. None of us know much at all. I am hoping that this does go to court so that we can hear all.

This is not 1 person with an agenda, did you read the links? Several players have the same accounts of not only specific situations but the culture as a whole. Don't call them a p***y, call them a sissy or whatever else. I bet you can find 20 women to support Weinstein, 20 women he has been good to. O guess the question is still there, did you actually read the statements attributed to these players and former players?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
This is not 1 person with an agenda, did you read the links? Several players have the same accounts of not only specific situations but the culture as a whole. Don't call them a p***y, call them a sissy or whatever else. I bet you can find 20 women to support Weinstein, 20 women he has been good to. O guess the question is still there, did you actually read the statements attributed to these players and former players?

I have read countless statements. I have also read that some players were threatened by the administration to write something.

Edited to add:

The post #22 that has statements against Coach Lotief has every potential name redacted. Did I miss something here that has names?

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Different situation here.

In your case, it was ONE player with an agenda.

In this case, it is multiple players. I have no idea if they had an agenda or not. The statements are similar enough that there are only two possibilities: either there was collusion to produce similar statements, or else it was true.

As has been pointed out, the players there to support him don't matter in the discussion. To take this to an extreme, there were TONS of players at Penn State who supported Jerry Sandusky. I'm not comparing the situation, just that support from players who either weren't bullied, or were bullied but want to be seen as supporting the team, doesn't matter.

Again, I missed these player's names. If you don't mind, please provide a link. I obviously missed a link with their names.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
This is a fair article on this:

Why did university suddenly have change of heart regarding softball coach Lotief?

Bob, when you say that the names are not made public then how do you know how many players? What I read was similar to a journal.

I'll weight out on this one now. I've seen about a half dozen of my coaching buddies/friends driven out of coaching due to similar situations. Who would coach now? I'm glad I'm at the end of my time coaching. I would have been fired a long time ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Carbajal