Lotief?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Even better if he physically assaulted her, or made a bad knee worse by forcing her to play without a knee brace. By God, we need MORE of these Old School coaches!

Not at all. Just fewer bad parents raising entitled little snowflakes. It is growing issue with respect to recruiting.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Even better if he physically assaulted her, or made a bad knee worse by forcing her to play without a knee brace. By God, we need MORE of these Old School coaches!

Bob, I was fortunate enough to have my dd play for an old school coach. Me and the guy she played for in college. I'll delete the rest of my snarky response.

Jun 1, 2013
There is a big, BIG difference in old school coaching vs what Lotief is accused of doing. I am against milk and cookies coaching myself, I prefer hard nosed coaching styles but this is way over the line. Why would anyone want their kids to be put on the field with a guy that has allegedly behaved in this manner. I am sure at one point he started off fine but then as his program developed and his notoriety grew he became belligerent with his words. Sure a mistake here and there, no big deal but the culture he fostered (according to the accounts) is harmful, disrespectful, and demeaning. He should no longer coach if these statements are true and by reading them it is my opinion they are. I am an old school, hard, aggressive coach but no way I can condone his words or actions. The D*** in rear comment to some grounds crew guy doesn't bother me, a man in his position shouldn't talk like that but I have a bigger issue with how he talked to and treated the girls.

I think you are giving old school coaching styles a bad name if you group those guys in with Lotief

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2015

Made a bad knee worse?...
How about nearly everyone of these college and pro football players knowingly playing hurt (sometimes extremely bad) with that little voice in the back of their head pushing them, because there are 3 people to replace them.

This is all relative... so it was some, and not all of the softball players, making accusations of abuse? How many were alleging abuse?
So some of the players were alleging it was abuse?
And some of the players, were tougher than others and didn't think it was abuse?

Which one is it?

Jun 1, 2013
Made a bad knee worse?...
How about nearly everyone of these college and pro football players knowingly playing hurt (sometimes extremely bad) with that little voice in the back of their head pushing them, because there are 3 people to replace them.

This is all relative... so it was some, and not all of the softball players, making accusations of abuse? How many were alleging abuse?
So some of the players were alleging it was abuse?
And some of the players, were tougher than others and didn't think it was abuse?

Which one is it?

That makes no sense.... Seriously, what was the point of your post?

College players, HS players, Pro players pushing themselves when they are hurt is not even comparable to someone telling an injured player to take their brace off when they have not full re-cooperated. The above example is a person making the decision for themselves and the latter is someone without a medical background telling someone to go against Dr. advice. He is lucky and the university is lucky they didn't get sued. You guys that are pro Lotief in this I just want to ask one question........Did you actually read the players' statements?

Oct 2, 2015
That makes no sense.... Seriously, what was the point of your post?

College players, HS players, Pro players pushing themselves when they are hurt is not even comparable to someone telling an injured player to take their brace off when they have not full re-cooperated. The above example is a person making the decision for themselves and the latter is someone without a medical background telling someone to go against Dr. advice. He is lucky and the university is lucky they didn't get sued. You guys that are pro Lotief in this I just want to ask one question........Did you actually read the players' statements?
Let me walk you through this one more time...
BobinMadison stated that one of the accusations against Lotief was that he made his someone play without a knee brace...meaning they were hurt. Don't many college and pro football players, play hurt, and we think nothing of it? They are toughing it out, so to speak.
Do you think some of these injured college and Pro football players are pushing THEMSELVES harder than Lotief pushed his players?
Or was Lotief harder on his players, than the injured football players are on themselves?

Secondly, someone who is "thinned skinned" would call what Lotief did abuse.
And someone who was a little more tough, or "thick skinned" so to speak, would brush it off.
It's all relative.

Bottom line is...some people are tougher than others...that's my point.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Too bad kids are held against their will and forced to play for these mean coaches. God forbid they leave and have the door hit their delicate little butts on the way out. We all make choices and if you do not like how a coach acts there is a simple solution. Speak up immediately and/or leave. Nobody is forcing you to stay. In the alternative you can cower wringing your hands, say poor me and wallow in the self pity. Until someone else speaks up so you can jump on the band wagon. Your choice.

May 17, 2012
Too bad kids are held against their will and forced to play for these mean coaches. God forbid they leave and have the door hit their delicate little butts on the way out. We all make choices and if you do not like how a coach acts there is a simple solution. Speak up immediately and/or leave. Nobody is forcing you to stay. In the alternative you can cower wringing your hands, say poor me and wallow in the self pity. Until someone else speaks up so you can jump on the band wagon. Your choice.

So now you are blaming the victims? They chose to be *allegedly* physically and mentally abused because they stayed?

Wow. Just wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad