Looking for input, tips, etc on DD swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The word "Forward" doesn't always mean the same thing(s) to different people. Some believe that one must gain ground physically (geographically?) in order to move "forward"...while others believe that one can shift or move their weight "forward" while basically remaining in the same spot with their feet (as AP is doing in that example of "FbC" in the clip posted), and still be (or get) "FbC".

I know..I still think I am right ;)

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Shawn said he was FBC'ing, TDS said he's not :cool:

Shawn wrote ... "Here's a clip of a no stride with forward by coil."

IMO Shawn gave a reasonable clip demonstrating FbC.

Shawn also wrote ... "The back hip/leg is screwed into the ground creating a forward shift of the pelvis."

I gave Shawn the benefit of the doubt here. I assumed his description had the hip/leg being acted upon from above and that as a result the rear hip/leg was 'coiled' ... or in Shawn's terminology, it was 'screwed into the ground'.

I did not read Shawn's description to be that the rear leg was acting upon itself to perform the 'coiling'.

Could be that my reading comprehension needs to be improved.

Jun 8, 2016
IMO the professor didn't get it correct.

Ok there Gilligan :p....All I am saying is that I think TDS doesn't believe the forward shift of the pelvis is being caused (or maybe is the only cause) by the coil
When Ginger responds we will know for sure :)

Apr 11, 2015
Ok there Gilligan :p....All I am saying is that I think TDS doesn't believe the forward shift of the pelvis is being caused (or maybe is the only cause) by the coil
When Ginger responds we will know for sure :)
I remember years ago when Ginger thanked Gilligan for coming up with the "FbC" thing (cuz I felt a little awkward standing there pretending not to notice)...
tmRh8iS.jpg

...but somewhere along the way folks started trying to make more of "FbC" than it was ever meant to be (at least IMO anyway). ;)

Jun 8, 2016
I remember years ago when Ginger thanked Gilligan for coming up with the "FbC" thing (cuz I felt a little awkward standing there pretending not to notice)...
tmRh8iS.jpg

...but somewhere along the way folks started trying to make more of "FbC" than it was ever meant to be (at least IMO anyway). ;)

LMAO..glad you grew your hair out and lost a few pounds!!! Hope you kept the hat though...

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tmRh8iS.jpg

I think that was the episode Pujols was on.....
d2b4183a0bbd2584bed0533b3e3307400a35915d5d741b2787556bd6958383df.gif

Before Pujols was on the island Ginger was into the BB/A$$ movement.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn, did AP share with you or anyone that he was moving forward by coiling ? I believe there is allot more going on then fbc.. If you were around a few years ago when folks were attempting to teach fbc I think you may have different view on whats happening here.. I am not against the use of the term but I don't think its going to put hitters in sequence... This was a light bulb moment for myself and the students I work with. I have had better luck using the core and allowing the legs to be the result.

This is an example of attempting to walk (move forward ) without using the legs.

FZsLDtB.gif

You are correct there is allot more then FBC happening. FBC is a result of screwing the back hip/leg into the ground and spinal/torso engine. Pujols has the spinal engine working and that results in the FBC.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don't even think most do what is considered FBC. But, for clarity sake I used the term to keep the post simple. I also believe that a better understanding of the spine/torso movement patterns is better then FBC.

Anyways, I should have said the girl lacks spinal.torso/engine usage. The spinal/torso engine needs to be explained in a simple manner however. Let me think about it and I'll post something to replace FBC.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
FZsLDtB.gif

If any one wants a better understanding of the spine/torso engine, then I suggest you buy Joey Myers book/videos (Catapult loading system). Very good info, it might not be 100% correct, although it is a good read/view. As it pertains to his info he thoroughly explains his views very well.

In his info he says the pelvis doesn't have great range of motion. It's the upper torso that has a greater range of motion. What do you see in the clip, where is most of the rotational motion taking place?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles