Long toss

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Found this online. I'm not sure if it's accurate.

100 ft = 50mph
125 ft = 55mph
150 ft = 60mph
200 ft = 65mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe this probably came off my website.......it is relatively accurate with some qualifiers;
1. This will tend to be more accurate when the pitcher throws rise spin for her long toss....often accurate within 1 mph.
2. Pitchers that can only throw dropball spin will usually fall short of these coorelations
3. Pitchers with poor front side resistance will usually fall short of these coorelations
4. This is with a 12" ball
5. It's accuracy tends to decline when the distance is less than 100 feet.

Please feel free to go to my website and download the article on Speed...this distance drill is in the article: PaulyGirl Fastpitch

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
I got it from Rita Gylmans (probably spelled wrong) site which is why I added not sure how accurate cuz she has lots of bad info floating around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Rick- thanks for the info and the link- a lot of good info there!
Not to put too fine a point on it, but those distances and speeds- is that the distance from a catcher or the distance from the backstop that you throw the ball over.
(Maybe it said and I missed it?)
Thanks!

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
DD has worked up to pitching from about 90 feet. She throws just like she does from the rubber, no walk up, 4 seam dropball grip. We also try to minimize the arc as much as possible. No idea of her speed. Any guesses??? Maybe I need Radar Grandpa to put the gun on her.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
DD has worked up to pitching from about 90 feet. She throws just like she does from the rubber, no walk up, 4 seam dropball grip. We also try to minimize the arc as much as possible. No idea of her speed. Any guesses??? Maybe I need Radar Grandpa to put the gun on her.

My DD got more out of it doing a walkthrough. Gave her the feel of using her body to throw, not just the arm.

Rick- thanks for the info and the link- a lot of good info there!
Not to put too fine a point on it, but those distances and speeds- is that the distance from a catcher or the distance from the backstop that you throw the ball over.
(Maybe it said and I missed it?)
Thanks!

Well, you try to throw it over the backstop but the measurement is from where ever the ball hits the ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi