LL All-Star 11/12 Pitching Restriction

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Hi All...I don't have a rule book, nor could I find it on-line.

For Little League Tournament Play, 11/12 Division; what are the pitching restrictions? (Day rest? Max games per week?, etc.).

I heard there was an addendum to this rule from last year.

Thanks,

TJ

Jun 22, 2008
Didnt LL softball go to the same pitching rules as baseball? Dont know the exact numbers but its something like 20 pitches and under no rest, 20-40 pitches is 1 day, 40-60 is 2 days, over 60 is 3 days and the max pitch count is 85 or something in that area and the pitcher can complete the batter they are pitching to.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Didnt LL softball go to the same pitching rules as baseball? Dont know the exact numbers but its something like 20 pitches and under no rest, 20-40 pitches is 1 day, 40-60 is 2 days, over 60 is 3 days and the max pitch count is 85 or something in that area and the pitcher can complete the batter they are pitching to.

I'm pretty sure no. TTBOMK Softball pitching restrictions are still based on "innings" pitched.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
A player may not pitch in more than twelve (12) innings in a day. 9-10 & 10-11 Year Old Division: players may not pitch in more than seven (7) innings in a day. g. If a player pitches in less than seven (7) innings in a calendar day, no rest is required. h. If a player pitches in seven (7) or more innings in a calendar day, one day’s rest is required. This also applies between regular season games following Tournament elimination or Special Games following the Tournament. EXAMPLE 1: A player may pitch on Saturday in regular season play then, after one (1) calendar day’s rest, pitch again in the next level of tournament play on Monday. EXAMPLE 2: A player may pitch on Saturday in the final district game then, after one (1) calendar day’s rest, pitch again in the next level of tournament play on Monday. EXCEPTIONS: (1) A player may pitch on consecutive calendar days if less than seven (7) innings were pitched in the previous calendar day. (2) In a game suspended by darkness, weather or other causes and resumed the following calendar day, the pitchers of record at the time the game was halted may continue to pitch to the extent of the remaining eligibility that pitcher would have had during the previous day. However, in no

event shall any pitcher pitch more than twelve (12) innings (seven [7] innings - 9-10 and 10-11) in any game. i. Failure to remove a pitcher who has reached his/her maximum number of innings pitched or use of an ineligible pitcher is basis for protest. Violations protested or brought to the Tournament Committee’s attention, shall result (by action of the Tournament Committee) in the suspension of the team’s manager for the next two scheduled tournament games, even if those games are played at the next tournament level. Additional penalties (up to and including forfeiture of a game and/or disqualification of the team, managers or coaches from further tournament participation) may be imposed if, in the opinion of the Tournament Committee: 1. a manager or coach takes any action that results in making a travesty of the game, or; 2. a team fails to meet the requirements of this rule more than once during the International Tournament, which begins with District play and ends at the World Series level (State level for 9-10 and 10-11), or; 3. a manager willfully and knowingly disregards the requirements of this rule. A manager or coach suspended for any reason is not permitted to be at the game site and must not take any part in the game, nor have any communications whatsoever with any persons at the game site. Violation may result, by action of the Tournament Committee, in further suspension, forfeiture of a game and/or disqualification of the team, managers or coaches from further tournament participation

Jan 21, 2014
Rosamond, CA
The 2014 T-rules are out of date because of changes adopted from the 2014 Little League Congress.
ALL divisions 11/12, AND below, can pitch 12 innings in a day, if they pitch 7 or more innings in a day, then one days rest is required (no rest for 6 innings or less). Juniors (13/14) and above do NOT have pitching limits.

This site:

Home - LLUmpires.com

has an attachment that has a great all star rules summary sheet (even for the little white ball)...he does it every year and it is a great tool for managers to have with them).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877