Life

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
My daughters recently ex-boyfriend and his best friend drowned today. There are no words that I know that can do anything to make my daughters pain go away. I feel so bad for my daughter and the two families that lost their young boys.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I'm sorry to hear this, I can imagine that it is difficult for your DD to handle. Luckily for her, she has teammates to rely on for support as well as her parents. Be there for her when she needs to talk. They are all in my thoughts.

Nov 29, 2009
It's always hard to see a young life ended too soon. My daughter's best friend just lost a 22 year old sister to Ovarian Cancer.

Death can be very difficult for teens to handle. They seem to think everyone is indestructible.

Don't hesitate to contact your daughter's school. They should have someone there who is trained in grief management in young people. I'm sure you can get some directions from them for you to help your daughter through this difficult time.

May 25, 2010
Really, really sorry to hear this, my friend. My condolences to all the friends and family of the departed, who've left us way too soon. :(

Jul 9, 2010
Don't hesitate to contact your daughter's school. They should have someone there who is trained in grief management in young people. I'm sure you can get some directions from them for you to help your daughter through this difficult time.

So, so sorry to hear.

The above is really important. We lost a 12 year old teammate last summer, and my DD still has not recovered. It has taken months of talk, and even some professional therapy, for her to start dealing with it. It hit her much, much, harder than I could have imagined, to the point that she started to talk about death herself.

Stay close with her, and get her help if needed. I almost let that wait too long in my DD's case, which I regret now, but would have regretted forever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32