Life

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2010
So, so sorry to hear.

The above is really important. We lost a 12 year old teammate last summer, and my DD still has not recovered. It has taken months of talk, and even some professional therapy, for her to start dealing with it. It hit her much, much, harder than I could have imagined, to the point that she started to talk about death herself.

Stay close with her, and get her help if needed. I almost let that wait too long in my DD's case, which I regret now, but would have regretted forever.

I'm glad you shared this, but I don't think you should be too hard on yourself. Just as every person grieves differently in their own way and in their own time, there is also no one perfect way to deal with those who are grieving. Maybe they need a little nudge in some direction or the other, maybe we can be certain that they do need the strength and support loved ones can provide, no matter what form that support takes.

We do not understand why young people are taken from this life, so we have to figure out how to cope without having the knowledge or understanding as to why the inexplicable has happened...which can, in some ways, make things even tougher. :(

May 18, 2009
Thank you for all the support. My daughter seemed so much better today. She had practice tonight and then helped with her little sisters team. I think just doing normal stuff and having a way to escape mentally for awhile was a huge help. It's still going to be a roller coaster for her. One of the boys funerals is this weekend and she hasn't heard when her former boyfriends funeral will be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck