length, size of bats in college

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2011
Portland, Or
For example, DD swung her 34/27 juggernaut through most of HS. (now pass the beer)

swing.jpg

Generally swings a Demarini Insane 34". Can turn on 64mph successfully.

Oct 14, 2008
I always get a kick out of parents who like to brag about the size bat their DD swings....."my DD swings a 34/26".....it is like a bunch of rednecks sitting around a campfire, consuming adult beverages, telling stories about the biggest fish they ever caught. As a coach I really don't care what size bat your DD swings, all I care about is results. But I can tell you from experience that if you let a players dad pick out her bat it is probably more bat than she needs. Get her batting coach or head coach to recommend a size/weight. Let her hit some different weight bats, brands at practice while she has access to teammates bats.

The pitch speed also plays a big role in what size bat a player can use. We just picked up a B-level TB player on our team who had to go buy a new bat because she could not get around on A-level pitching with her old bat. There is a big difference hitting 52 MPH pitching vs. 62 MPH pitching.

Agreed 65 to 70 with movement will seperate hitters from wannabees in college real fast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06