Learning peel via "internal rotation thread" method

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
I don't think it's helpful to focus on single body parts. It's a whole. It's one thing doing one thing and the whole arm is a whip/kinetic chain at the end of the rest of the one kinetic chain. Keep the whole arm loose and whippy. And do a lot of long toss till you get the feel, your own personal feel, of what efficient and effective feels like. Don't neglect the pull down phase of the long toss. Google Jaeger if you don't know what that means. You can find his stuff on youtube as well.

R

RayR

I don't think it's helpful to focus on single body parts. It's a whole. It's one thing doing one thing and the whole arm is a whip/kinetic chain at the end of the rest of the one kinetic chain. Keep the whole arm loose and whippy. And do a lot of long toss till you get the feel, your own personal feel, of what efficient and effective feels like. Don't neglect the pull down phase of the long toss. Google Jaeger if you don't know what that means. You can find his stuff on youtube as well.

Good call, Mark. I know we are heading a little off topic, but what the pelvic area is doing in all of this is of huge importance in figuring out what loose and whippy feels like.

Slugger's stick figures in this thread http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/1684-bump-drill.html expands on this.

Long toss is great for catchers as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA