Learning experience

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
:rolleyes: I got me a little education tonight.....DD is getting bigger & stronger!! We got outside for the first time this year with the bat & hard balls. Have been working on her swing all winter, & it seems to be getting better. I was pitching a little in front of the mound (so I could throw strikes) & I got absolutely drilled tonight. DD refused to bat anymore till Dad gets a mask & the dimple balls out.now isnt that a change!

Dec 28, 2008
I was never crazy enough to pitch live balls to my DD's without a fence in front of me. But my realization of my oldest DD's growth from one year to the next came when she turned 13 and suddenly the tendons in her arm actually worked and she threw the ball so hard I almost screamed when it felt like it went right through my mitt. From that point on I focused really hard on every catch and did my utmost best to use the web of the glove for fear of having to "yelp" in front of other players. ;)

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
:rolleyes: I got me a little education tonight.....DD is getting bigger & stronger!! We got outside for the first time this year with the bat & hard balls. Have been working on her swing all winter, & it seems to be getting better. I was pitching a little in front of the mound (so I could throw strikes) & I got absolutely drilled tonight. DD refused to bat anymore till Dad gets a mask & the dimple balls out.now isnt that a change!

JC

I told you to wear a cup so you could protect your brains!

The face will not be damaged anymore than what I see if the picture.

Look forward to meeting you at the clinic this weekend.

Thanks Howard

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
Isn't it the truth there Chris. I bought a set of shin guards to catch my pitching DD when the bruises started lasting more than a couple days. At the last lesson with the PC one of the other catching dads gave me some grief about them while I was strapping up. He took a clean fast ball off the shin about 10 minutes in, the look on his face was priceless when I offered him the use of my right shinny for the rest of the lesson to protect that wicked bruise. DD and I have a bet on how many more lessons pass before he shows up with his own set of guards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA