Last Year: A parent’s thoughts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
My DD's coach and I were talking yesterday. We are asked by other parents how we can give up so much of our own lives to spend so much time doing softball related activities. We are fortunate enough to have an indoor training facility so we play year round. Yes. It's a lot of time. But I'm not giving up anything. Spending time with her, watching improve and have fun is the best ever. She was working with a hitting coach and she was literally smiling the entire time she was in the cage. How can I give up so much of my own time? Really?? That smile. That's how.

NEF

May 16, 2012
New England
I use to think my parents were crazy. I managed to walk onto a weak D2 baseball team. They (my parents) would drive 3 hours to watch me play. Now I find myself working offshifts to coach and watch my kids play. Driving hours a day for pitching lessons (lots of hello elbow locally), but as others have stated I wouldn't trade the travel "together" time for anything. My parents may have been semi-sane afterall. I did ask for the ball after my first college hit I gave to pops as a thank you for the thousands of hours he spent at the field and in the yard throwing/pitching to me. I wouldn't trade that time for anything either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi