Last Year: A parent’s thoughts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 14, 2012
I would like to thank all of you. For some of us with younger girls. I really am glad that you can give us the insight and advice, that is in all of our future. The time goes fast and some times we don't realize how fast it does go. So again thanks to all of you.

I totally agree. There have been several times that I have even had tears in my eyes after reading some of the posts about the great times you dad's have had with your DD's over the years. It definitely helps put things in perspective for us dads with younger DD's. I'm trying to make sure I slow down and cherish every minute with my little girl.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Goingdeep, my dd has made a collage of pics from all each of her travelball teams and has them displayed on her bedroom wall at college. When your dd makes that move, that would be a neat thing for you and/or your wife to do with her. My wife did it with mine and they had a blast. I was too sentimental to be any fun when they did it.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Goingdeep, my dd has made a collage of pics from all each of her travelball teams and has them displayed on her bedroom wall at college. When your dd makes that move, that would be a neat thing for you and/or your wife to do with her. My wife did it with mine and they had a blast. I was too sentimental to be any fun when they did it.

Yes, I've done the same. Wife is not very computer savy, I upload to Walgreens and get a poster size collage of game pics. DD has 7 of them in her bedroom from her years. On my days off sometimes I just lay on her bed and look around. All I need now Is to turn the lights off and a lava lamp with some Pink Floyd playing in the background. Or some of the Rocky soundtracks. :)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I swear Goingdeep, if ever make it back to Memphis I am looking you up and we are having a beer. First one is on me.

Sounds great to me. Maybe we can watch some local softball action or hit up a Redbirds game. ( minor league team, very nice complex )

I think I'll get to meet a few members this year. One has a DD that will be a freshman in our district this spring. ( crazy thing is this HS is 2 hours away, but it is in our D1 AAA district ) I've also talked to a few about their school playing in the big HS tourneys around here. Good times ahead!!

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Congratulations on your daughter's success!! My freshman DD looks up to the seniors on her HS team - she practically worships them and comes home with funny stories every day. It does go by fast.... it's good to hear positive stories of girls entering HS ball as freshmen and emerging successfully four years later.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
My DD had to interview for her kindergarten spot. She was one of 38 for 35 spots. She is the youngest in our family with three older brothers so to say that she was immature would be an understatement. I'm so happy we were told she needed another year at home. I watch my friends sending their DD's off to college and I am just so thankful we get another year with her. She will be going to a school in Utah, which is 11 hours by car from where we live. It will kill me. She will be playing some Ca schools in college so we will be able to watch her a bit. Now, I need some grandchildren. Not from her.....her older brothers, 28,26,24.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
DD will be a freshman this Sept. I remember when she started tee ball and how little she was. She's not much bigger now. Every know and then I go into her room, when she's not there and look around. Nice to see her trophies on the shelves and her pics of her playing on the wall. Time goes by quick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi