Last Year: A parent’s thoughts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Had the last Dad&DD SB workout yesterday before DD heads off to college this coming weekend. Not saying that I did or didn't, but DD didn't see me shed a tear. It seems like only yesterday that she and her brother and sister started t-ball. I'm happy that we've been able to enjoy the journey while headed towards the destination.

Apr 9, 2012
Man....brought a tear to my eye.

When my youngest is done I am going to adopt a 5-8 yo little girls and start again. Seriously. I wouldnt trade the time I spent with each of my kids for anything. I love this game not because its softball but because of the opportunities it gives me with my kids.

I found a way to keep my girls in my life when they are teenagers!! They actually want to spend time with dad. What else in this world gives you that opportunity!

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal

When my youngest is done I am going to adopt a 5-8 yo little girls and start again. Seriously. I wouldnt trade the time I spent with each of my kids for anything. I love this game not because its softball but because of the opportunities it gives me with my kids.

I found a way to keep my girls in my life when they are teenagers!! They actually want to spend time with dad. What else in this world gives you that opportunity!

Maybe you could hold tryouts....

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008

That is TOO FUNNY!!! DW and I have jokingly talked about doing just that, adopting a kid and start over. The difference is that we would not encourage her to pitch.

What will actually happen is I will be volunteering as a Little League softball coach. I want to share my knowledge with the kids and families who are just starting out.

Apr 9, 2012

Do that too. I love coaching but the 1 on 1 time in the shop having a conversation with DD is what I enjoy the most. Shell never know that Im happy just sitting on a bucket being part of her life. Thats all I want.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
Originally Posted by glf0845

Do that too. I love coaching but the 1 on 1 time in the shop having a conversation with DD is what I enjoy the most. Shell never know that Im happy just sitting on a bucket being part of her life. Thats all I want.

If I have to explain the joke I guess it's not too funny......

The only city/town I know of in TN is Lynchburg, which is near and dear to my heart, even though the name doesn't follow the rules.

Oh there are some 'burgs, 'tons and 'towns in the Volunteer state. But there are alot that end in 'ville (Blountville, Greeneville, etc) as we say it in East TN. And there are 'vuhls (Shelbyville, Goodlettsville) as they say in Middle Tennessee. West Tennesseans don't seem to have mangle the names as bad.

Lynchburg is quite famous in its own right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi