Kinetic link

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I'll be the first to thank you for answering. Not sure I agree with this part(other parts I Disagree with but, for now):

Meaning, I don't think of having 2 engines.

Rdbass ... are you disagreeing with the notion of two engines? Do you prefer to think in terms of a single engine, or more than two engines?

If just one engine ... then what would that engine be?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Rdbass ... are you disagreeing with the notion of two engines? Do you prefer to think in terms of a single engine, or more than two engines?

If just one engine ... then what would that engine be?

No I believe in the 2 engines(third-age). I was thinking of the syn-cage between the two engines. So, I guess I'm with the 'fused'. Just thinking and posting at the same time.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
no his COG lowers releases into his legs..

This guy on the other hand is riding it...

Guds0qt.gif

Last question for you. Are you just watching these videos and guessing what they are doing? Or can you or your students duplicate Bonds by following your descriptions?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
Active---- One doesn't give a rats a$$ about the rear leg/hip relationship the core is in control which allows for the rear leg hip to do its thing as well as the front leg/hip.....

Fused (My eyes)---- One doesn't give a rats a$$ about the core due to the rear leg/hip/hands/forearms being in control ( 2 pivot points/ 2 engines)
Thanks for that TDS, I appreciate the effort, and can say that I now have a much better understanding of how you're using the two definitions. I'm OK with leaving them as is. But now with those two definitions, I would like your thoughts (and others for that matter) on this notion, and see if you agree or disagree with it, and how either might fit into the two above definitions.

a.) If one stands on their rear leg, the only way they can turn or move their hips (pelvic girdle to be more precise) rotationally is by the use of their core.
b.) If one stands/weights on both legs, the only way they can turn or move their hips (pelvic girdle to be more precise) rotationally is with their legs.

Now I'm not applying these thoughts to hitting at this point, simply asking about standing on one leg or two, and feeling how the hips/PG are or can be moved.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
No Mud ... I prefer you not step back.

As I said earlier ... if I locate the description of a fused core then I'll post it.

I liked your description of the developing hitter on the right having no separation/overlap in his swing. To me that was poor slack removal.

I liked your description of the developing hitter on the right swinging the bat before the slack removal took hold. To me that was poor lead arm usage.

He exhibited signs of being an arm swinger ... despite the core usage ... he didn't get the action out of his core that he could have gotten. He jumped the gun. He didn't allow the slack to be taken out appropriately and he began swinging with his arms early.

Different descriptions. But somewhat similar.

Stay the course.
OK Five, I can live with that, and will continue as MB, and not that other goofball Mud dude whoever he is that you've referred to a couple times. ;)

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Feel free to post Judge moving out on an off-speed pitch..

btw, off-speed shows the difference like no other... One rides a rear leg while the other releases into both legs.

Would you mind explaining "release into both legs"? Does that require having both feet on the ground equally weighted?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
No I believe in the 2 engines(third-age). I was thinking of the syn-cage between the two engines. So, I guess I'm with the 'fused'. Just thinking and posting at the same time.

For clarity .... the primary engine being the 'core' and the secondary engine being the 'hands'? That leaves fusion occurring at the shoulders .... correct? That would have the fusion occurring during the lateral tilting action ... is that how you see it?

Dec 4, 2013
TDS,

I believe it was you who posted this video on BBD. So it's clear for all of the readers, this is what you are looking for as an "active core", Correct?

XWn3SB0.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck