Kinetic link

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
XRu9Pmv.gif

tumblr_ouy4w7Jcmi1usf292o1_500.gif

Does anyone think these two clips are synced properly?
Sorry, but I was just getting tired of seeing this 'gif' every time a certain poster was try to push his/her agenda.

The only agenda was pointing out the differences in movements.. One uses the core differently.. Rich's student who he posted as a match for the HI pattern..

For those troubled by the comparison, do they match? If not why not ? style ? I am able to make both movements without issue and I most definitely am using the core differently, although they both work.

Apr 11, 2015
TDS, there's no argument that the two swings aren't different, the discussion is why are they different? You suggest two different usages of the core, and that's fine...but please try to explain why you say they're different if that's the case.

I'll contend that the difference is in the timing of the two sequences, and that the hitter on the right has no separation/overlap in his swing, and is already swinging the bat, that you have synced to Barry still separating.

So as Spartans pointed out you're comparing apples to oranges for who knows what reason...either you're unable to see the difference in the timing in the video, or that you're doing it intentionally to deceive others who've not yet put in the screen time to understand how video comparisons can be manipulated to show things that just aren't there.

Apr 11, 2015
Fair enough. To be honest I really don't talk about the core much at all. While I do believe the muscles of the core play an important role it simply isn't something that I talk about with DD.
Agreed. I should have probably worded that differently, because I never talk about the core itself wrt hitting other than here on these types of forums, and only with the very few who seem to think it has more or some unique involvement in the swing outside that that I would consider the normal discussions of anatomy and physiology wrt the swing.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Huh? Maybe it's only me, but that bold sure makes it sound like two that's two different ones if you're comparing "one" to "the other". :confused:

Same old Mud playing word games.

I was comparing the results of Bonds' core action to the results of the developing hitter's core action. If for whatever reason you missed that, then you have been told that again.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Fair enough. To be honest I really don't talk about the core much at all. While I do believe the muscles of the core play an important role it simply isn't something that I talk about with DD.

I speak of the core with my hitters .... consider it a major engine in the swing.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
How about these 2 mud ? Any difference in how they move? What would you tell a student to do in order to match ?

ZBh8F1l.gif

CzZ8Szg.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
How about these 2 mud ? Any difference in how they move? What would you tell a student to do in order to match ?

ZBh8F1l.gif

CzZ8Szg.gif

Not that I give a crap but, do you actually think posters/lurkers on DFP also give a crap on your point on the differences. I know apparently know one gave a crap on BBD or BBF or you wouldn't have brought this crap here. OH...again it's JMHO.

Apr 11, 2015
Same old Mud playing word games.
Sure you really want to venture down that road again Five? I've been more than cordial simply asking for a definition between a "fused" core, and an "active" core, or how to identify the difference in them in a swing, that I have yet to get from anyone including yourself.

I'm also not the only one who's confused by it as evidenced by several other members' subsequent posts. Maybe it's me, but yes, I've been feeling that games are definitely being played here for sure...but just not by me quite honestly. I'm more than happy to step back, and let the others decide for themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd