Kinetic link

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
The only agenda was pointing out the differences in movements.. One uses the core differently.. Rich's student who he posted as a match for the HI pattern..

For those troubled by the comparison, do they match? If not why not ? style ? I am able to make both movements without issue and I most definitely am using the core differently, although they both work.

Did you 'doctor' the gifs to further your agenda.......and why......
I'm laughing....
but, in before the lock....that will so come......:eek:

Apr 11, 2015
How about these 2 mud ? Any difference in how they move? What would you tell a student to do in order to match ?
TDS, I'm not sure what you're asking me. Are you asking me if their pattern is different, or if they're using their cores differently, or what?

But you've still not answered what I thought would be a simple question....what's the difference between a "fused" core, and an "active" one? Is Judge "fused" or "active" in that swing above? What about Conforto - "fused" or "active"....and if one is fused and the other active, what are the determining factors or movements that I should be able to see there to tell the difference?

Thanks in advance.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
TDS, I'm not sure what you're asking me. Are you asking me if their pattern is different, or if they're using their cores differently, or what?

But you've still not answered what I thought would be a simple question....what's the difference between a "fused" core, and an "active" one? Is Judge "fused" or "active" in that swing above? What about Conforto - "fused" or "active"....and if one is fused and the other active, what are the determining factors or movements that I should be able to see there to tell the difference?

Thanks in advance.
Here are the gifs:
ZBh8F1l.gif

CzZ8Szg.gif

AND GO TDS......

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

Thanks in advance.

Active---- One doesn't give a rats a$$ about the rear leg/hip relationship the core is in control which allows for the rear leg hip to do its thing as well as the front leg/hip.....

Fused (My eyes)---- One doesn't give a rats a$$ about the core due to the rear leg/hip/hands/forearms being in control ( 2 pivot points/ 2 engines)

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
And of course to no ones surprise it's a fastball vs an off speed.........

Feel free to post Judge moving out on an off-speed pitch..

btw, off-speed shows the difference like no other... One rides a rear leg while the other releases into both legs.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Active---- One doesn't give a rats a$$ about the rear leg/hip relationship the core is in control which allows for the rear leg hip to do its thing as well as the front leg/hip.....

Fused (My eyes)---- One doesn't give a rats a$$ about the core due to the rear leg/hip/hands/forearms being in control ( 2 pivot points/ 2 engines)

I'll be the first to thank you for answering. Not sure I agree with this part(other parts I Disagree with but, for now):
2 engines)
Meaning, I don't think of having 2 engines.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
Feel free to post Judge moving out on an off-speed pitch..

btw, off-speed shows the difference like no other... One rides a rear leg while the other releases into both legs.

YE3gtXg.gif

Is this guy riding his rear leg? High level? Low level? More like Judge? More like Conforto?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Sure you really want to venture down that road again Five? I've been more than cordial simply asking for a definition between a "fused" core, and an "active" core, or how to identify the difference in them in a swing, that I have yet to get from anyone including yourself.

I'm also not the only one who's confused by it as evidenced by several other members' subsequent posts. Maybe it's me, but yes, I've been feeling that games are definitely being played here for sure...but just not by me quite honestly. I'm more than happy to step back, and let the others decide for themselves.

No Mud ... I prefer you not step back.

As I said earlier ... if I locate the description of a fused core then I'll post it.

I liked your description of the developing hitter on the right having no separation/overlap in his swing. To me that was poor slack removal.

I liked your description of the developing hitter on the right swinging the bat before the slack removal took hold. To me that was poor lead arm usage.

He exhibited signs of being an arm swinger ... despite the core usage ... he didn't get the action out of his core that he could have gotten. He jumped the gun. He didn't allow the slack to be taken out appropriately and he began swinging with his arms early.

Different descriptions. But somewhat similar.

Stay the course.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd