Kinetic link

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Would you mind explaining "release into both legs"? Does that require having both feet on the ground equally weighted?

FP, absolutely not in regards to equally weighted.. In order to fall into both legs the upper/lower are stretched against each other.. Iow's the pitcher is stretching/winding up while the hitter does the same (has nothing to do with style).. As the pitch is released the hitters core is released.. Balanced stretch up-front allows for balanced reactive stretch during the pitchers release (hands are free).. The release un-tips the barrel behind the hitter (which is the beginning of the swing) this allows for balanced resistance against the fall into the legs..

Of course there is more going on within the core pattern, but it all starts there.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
For sure on the pulse but have nothing to do with the video.

XWn3SB0.gif

So is this pulse? And is this what happens in the high level swing?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
FP, absolutely not in regards to equally weighted.. In order to fall into both legs the upper/lower are stretched against each other.. Iow's the pitcher is stretching/winding up while the hitter does the same (has nothing to do with style).. As the pitch is released the hitters core is released.. Balanced stretch up-front allows for balanced reactive stretch during the pitchers release (hands are free).. The release un-tips the barrel behind the hitter (which is the beginning of the swing) this allows for balanced resistance against the fall into the legs..

Of course there is more going on within the core pattern, but it all starts there.

Thank you for the reply TDS. When you speak of the upper and lower stretching against each other, are you speaking of a rotational movement? Something such as X-Factor Stretch or the Serape Effect?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
If I can get one force vector to match another force vector then the sum of the whole = 0. Then I can really swing the bat with great force!!:cool:

Apr 11, 2015
XWn3SB0.gif

So is this pulse? And is this what happens in the high level swing?
I'm more curious as how it would be defined as which one of these.....
Active---- One doesn't give a rats a$$ about the rear leg/hip relationship the core is in control which allows for the rear leg hip to do its thing as well as the front leg/hip.....

Fused (My eyes)---- One doesn't give a rats a$$ about the core due to the rear leg/hip/hands/forearms being in control ( 2 pivot points/ 2 engines)
....and why?

In my amateur opinion in trying to differentiate between the two...I'd say I'm seeing basically an example of "the core is in control which allows for the rear leg hip to do its thing as well as the front leg/hip", because he's obviously not using the "rear leg/hip/hands/forearms" to whip the device. No?

Dec 4, 2013
I'm more curious as how it would be defined as which one of these.....
....and why?

In my amateur opinion in trying to differentiate between the two...I'd say I'm seeing basically an example of "the core is in control which allows for the rear leg hip to do its thing as well as the front leg/hip", because he's obviously not using the "rear leg/hip/hands/forearms" to whip the device. No?

Going by the definitions provided, that has to be an "Active Core" right?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Thank you for the reply TDS. When you speak of the upper and lower stretching against each other, are you speaking of a rotational movement? Something such as X-Factor Stretch or the Serape Effect?

FP, I would lean on the serape effect which my understanding includes stretching in all the planes of motion (unified)...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck