Kenzie Fowler to red shirt.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I saw the announcement this evening. She missed the Fall season to have back surgery and was expected to be back by now. With her, it has been one thing after another. She was projected to be the next Jennie Finch coming out of HS, but she has suffered several set backs. She even got hit with a line drive, while sitting in the dug out and received a concussion.

We are optimistic that UofA can compete very well, this season.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
She deserves to end her college career on a high note. DD got to work with her at the Candrea winter camp a couple of years ago. She was very complimentary and helpful when she could have been a prima donna. Best of luck to her.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
From the article -

She experienced nine months of leg pain and numbness — and was at times so in pain she couldn’t sleep at night — before flying to Los Angeles in September for back surgery.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
From the article -

She experienced nine months of leg pain and numbness — and was at times so in pain she couldn’t sleep at night — before flying to Los Angeles in September for back surgery.

Unfortuantely, we found out first hand that back injuries and recovery after back surgery has an unknown element even when the Dr's and Surgeon feel the procedure was a total success. After an in sport accident, one of my DD's had back surgery and post rehab and rcovery was not able to return to her sport and competition as she hoped. She does coach now but still has days when back pain is debilitating.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Dropball, I saw on Shark Tank, last night, a rodeo competitor that was told that he would always have back pain. He developed an exercise program that took care of him. My husband's family has a lot of back pain, from farming. I sympathize with your DD.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
Thanks Amy. She's been taking her Pilates full certification as a means to help restore flexibility and regain core strength (600 hrs to get the certification). she appears to be having more good days than bad currently. Back injuries can be a nightmare!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck