Finch to pitch 2 games in Tucson

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Photo gallery: Softball pitcher Jennie Finch
(26) Photos
Jennie Finch will pitch again at Hillenbrand Stadium.
Arizona Wildcats coach Mike Candrea said Wednesday he expects the recently retired Olympian to appear twice at the UA in October.
Here's a look at the events and an update on the UA's current pitching star:
• The NPF All-Stars: The Wildcats will host the National Pro Fastpitch All-Stars at 6 p.m. on Oct. 4.
Candrea said the team isn't assembled yet but could feature former Wildcats currently playing in the NPF. Taryne Mowatt, Chelsie Mesa and Mackenzie Vandergeest play in the league; Caitlin Lowe does, too, but she suffered a knee injury this summer and won't play.
"The NPF wanted to pick up some games, and I thought I'd do it if it had an Arizona flavor," Candrea said. "We could definitely draw some people."
As for Finch?
"Jennie's going to throw," he said.
• The alumni game: Candrea said Finch will "probably" pitch for the last time this year in the Wildcats annual alumni game. It will be held Oct. 22, one day before the homecoming football game. Finch would team with former Wildcats against the current team.
• Fowler update: Sophomore Kenzie Fowler rested her sore right arm this summer and is now throwing about 60 pitches per day. The injury shouldn't be chronic, Candrea said.
She will be aided by the Wildcats' addition of star freshman Shelby Babcock from Colorado.
"There were some muscle imbalances, little things we're going to try to work on," Candrea said. "I think the key is that we have someone else that can help out and give us some quality innings."
Copyright 2010 Arizona Daily Star. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast,

Aug 16, 2010
Took the DDs to see her last weekend - she pitched the win (4 hitter I think) against Pride (throwing Lawrie), great game. She appears to be in much better physical shape now. Last I saw her was 2 yrs ago (Team USA v. ULL). She and Brignac both threw no hitters - only run was walk and throwing error on bunt to score. They are at a completely different plane than most mortals.

Oct 19, 2009
Photo gallery: Softball pitcher Jennie Finch
(26) Photos
Jennie Finch will pitch again at Hillenbrand Stadium.
Arizona Wildcats coach Mike Candrea said Wednesday he expects the recently retired Olympian to appear twice at the UA in October.

Amy thanks for the info, is there other games at other stadums maybe a schedule of other games, AZ is a bit far for us.

Thanks.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Look at that schedule Sept. 30th through Oct. 7th! Oh, my gosh.

Finch said on Twitter last night that starting today, she will be on 6 planes in 6 days.

That just doesn't sound like fun. I am certain that she makes $$ through endorsements, but the other girls - not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00