KB17 Rawlings /All Star Vela

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 6, 2017
The KB17 arrived and Dd and I have spent a short time with it. She says it's stiff but not
really and seems to have no problems playing catch. She's 13. She did say TIP feels tight
and hurts her fingers. I told her it will loosen up. I'd say fit, finish and eye appeal definitely
goes to the Rawlings. She likes it already and told me it won't take long to break in.
I was happy playing catch seemed like a seamless transition. The vela has a such wide pocket I was thinking she might notice not having it.

image1.JPG
image2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 5, 2018
We need the picture. Not much else going on these days. Which KB17 did you get? Hand stall seem to fit ok in general?

Apr 6, 2017
This is the gold-tan. I'd say it's a winner size wise. I asked her how
It feels. She said it's cool and feels fine. I did tighten up the wrist strap.
I wouldn't be surprised if she has it game ready pretty fast. She
played catch for about an hour today. Definitely no complaints.
TIP will take her some time. I think she likes it but isn't sure yet as the
glove is pretty stiff.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Check out the old school script on that old clean Snap-on box, I like it!

You think that All-Star has a big pocket? I understand the Vela is a true FP designed glove........but you wait till that KB17 is broken in!

That’s all the 12.25” Pro207 / KB17 are when broken in, one BIG pocket!

You can tell by the height of both gloves sitting together on your toolbox that KB17 is going to be deep! That palm up shot of both gloves, the Vela is larger than I thought it’d be, cause the KB that I sold to OsDad is a pretty substantial glove!

Loosen the thumb and pinky loops, have her put her hand in the glove, open and close the glove while adjusting the loops until they’re comfortable to her, then re-tie the loops. That should help with the pain.

Super nice glove, congratulations! Let’s put a timer on today (3/30/20) and see how long before you replace those camel laces? Sorry, I had to say it! ;)