Just when I'm ready to teach extention "Turn the Triangle" looks pretty good

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I see it as Cabrera's rear arm is in the process of being extended going into & through impact.
dq1zro.gif

Cabrera doesn't have the 'lightning' in his swing like these hitters:
ryan.jpg

tori-extension1.jpg

Atleast 'good old' Pet has change alittle bit:
However, he is wrong about extension. He is correct in his video that the elbows should stay the same distance apart as the upper body rotates. However, as the upper body rotates powerfully in his "power triangle" position, at some point before impact with the ball, the velocity of the rotation will naturally cause the elbows to extend fully at or just after impact

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
The amount of pre-contact extension varies dramatically in these two swings...

I agree but, I'll bet money no hitter, baseball or softball wants to be fully extended at contact. Not implying that you(FP26) believe this but, someone on this thread does.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I agree but, I'll bet money no hitter, baseball or softball wants to be fully extended at contact. Not implying that you(FP26) believe this but, someone on this thread does.

Lots of people, both coaches and hitters STILL believe that contact at full extension is the goal.

i view the swing as a sliding pivot, if you do contact the ball at full extension it just means you have used ALL of your adjustment.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Question: Is Miggy delaying ulnar deviation of the bottom hand in order to keep the ball in fair territory? Is this part of his adjustment, or am I seeing things?

Looks to me like he was fooled, more likely timing than location, and we're seeing the adjustment he made to still be able to barrel the ball. lPost 26 is a good example of how he keeps the inside pitch fair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles