Junior Day Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
My DD got a letter inviting her to attend one of these "Prospect Camp & Showcase" from a coach that will be there. Has anyone heard or better yet attended one of these? Is it worth trying to work it into her schedule? Benefit vs cost?

Link: Junior Day Softball

Thanks!

Sep 29, 2014
Does not seem like a terrible idea but it is probably very dependent on what schools/coaches attend, if she is really interested in one of the colleges that is attending and that college does not offer it's own camp might be a really good idea.

Cost is not cheap especially given that it is one day but again the key is what colleges are participating

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I'd be suspicious. I can't find any information about the company that runs it on the website. Usually there is at least an "About Us" link or something like that. I did find this, though: My Online Camp: Sports Camp Registration - College Sports Camp Marketing

Looks like the company sets up and runs camps for coaches. I'd be inclined to agree with YoungBuck that it's more about raising money than really working with the girls or being a recruiting opportunity. In the end, though, it will depend on how much effort the school puts into it.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
It looks like it's geared for the older unsigned/uncommitted girls that are past the DI recruiting window. I see several smaller colleges are suppossed to be in attendance at the ones in my state. I agree with Ken that the company probably specializes in hosting and running these events for the colleges so that they don't have to worry about the administrative portion of the events. Although it does seem kind of expensive for a one day event, but if your DD target schools will be there you may consider attending all or one of the sessions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red