Jordyn Bahl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2019
I think you guys successfully convinced me that leaping has an advantage. So here is the question, should I ask DD to start to leap now? It has an advantage, never got called, and will become legal in 2-4 years. Why not?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Had no idea about the "fraternization" rule. Not at all unusual see players chat before, during, and after games. Has that EVER been enforced?
I prefer the days of Graig Nettles and Bill Lee when they wouldn't fraternize with each other, they'd have bench clearing brawls. Those Yankees Red Sox 70s series were so much fun.

Oct 14, 2019
I think you guys successfully convinced me that leaping has an advantage. So here is the question, should I ask DD to start to leap now? It has an advantage, never got called, and will become legal in 2-4 years. Why not?

It’s already legal in many sanctions such as USSSA. Mosy girls couldn’t leap even if they wanted to - it requires a lot of power and athleticism.

Jul 16, 2019
It would seem to me that telling her to leap wouldn't be as good as not telling her not to if she starts (if you wanted to go down that route)...if that makes sense.

It is too late cause I made her stop crowing hopping and leaping and she pitches too legal now.

Jun 8, 2016
It is too late cause I made her stop crowing hopping and leaping and she pitches too legal now.
Oh well.I guess the world will just have to wait for their next Jordy Bahl...just think of what could have been though..

Jun 8, 2016
For all you Bahl fans in this thread :LOL:

Here is something the Gasso lovers will like (this should be good for another 100 pages or so..)

Opposing teams and fan bases have tried to push her buttons and throw her off her game. Because pitching rules are so stringent in softball, they'll often dissect her windup and cry foul. They'll say she's illegally lifting her back foot off the ground, ignoring the fact that one of her toes is still in the dirt.

"It's nothing," Gasso says. "It's so minute that umpires aren't calling it. But the trolls on Twitter and coaches want to find out more about it -- how can we stop her?"

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019
It’s already legal in many sanctions such as USSSA. Mosy girls couldn’t leap even if they wanted to - it requires a lot of power and athleticism.
she is 10 and she can learn. The question is she needs a coach to convince her it is fine to do that and re-teacher her to do that. After all those arguments and tears to get her out of crow hopping and leaping, now we want it back.

Oct 14, 2019
For all you Bahl fans in this thread :LOL:

From the article:

Opposing teams and fan bases have tried to push her buttons and throw her off her game. Because pitching rules are so stringent in softball, they'll often dissect her windup and cry foul. They'll say she's illegally lifting her back foot off the ground, ignoring the fact that one of her toes is still in the dirt.

"It's nothing," Gasso says. "It's so minute that umpires aren't calling it. But the trolls on Twitter and coaches want to find out more about it -- how can we stop her?"

Gasso has seen it happen to every elite pitcher.

"When you're that legit," she says, "everybody tries to pick you apart."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma