JMU - what a shock!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2019
Told my friends that if OU could get by Georgia then they would beat a tired Rachel Garcia and beat them with no problem.. It is happening now.
Bigger picture is that they will handle JMU tomorrow. They have to beat them twice and they will.

getting nervous yet?

Oct 14, 2019
It was. We will see what happens in the next one.

Guess I missed the OK gate maintenance crew. What happened?

Jmu line drive rolled under the gate in left field foul territory, resulting in a ground rule double and a runner held at 3rd. Jmu had their opportunities, but left a ton of runners on base.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
no. just a joke about the college world series being an oklahome home game.
10-4. Gotcha. I thought the fence would have been the same for any team thus the reason for asking the question.

Agree for sure! More OU fans and closer to a home game than anyone. Not a home game but as close as you can get. OKC is the home for softball and has been for many many years. Competitive advantage? I definitely think so. Wait...no..ABSOLUTELY!!!

But it didn't seem to matter on Thursday when JMU beat them. Didn't seem to matter when Washington or UCLA beat OU a few years ago.

But yes, OU has the fans for sure and I think that is definitely a competitive advantage. OSU would have them as well if they were still around. So would any team that is close to OKC.

That said.....BAMA has a ton of fans in the crowd. A ton!! No, not what OU has but still a ton to be loud and make a statement.

This is a very interesting topic and perhaps other teams just don't have the fans. Not sure.....

S3

Jun 6, 2018
getting nervous yet?
Yeah OU has to love that they get home games and a broken NCAA World Series system.

Sorry day should have started with JMU vs Alabama with winner advancing to the finals. Loser waits to play OU vs FSU winner and then that winner is the other half of the finals.

This system rewards losers and penalizes winners!

Ask an early loser at nationals how it feels to enter the meat grinder. NCAA coddles losers with the current setup.

Now JMU’s reward for beating OU day 1 is have to play them 3 times? That is. Broken system. I mean if OU fights back and plays back to back games on Sunday to be the second team in then fine but to reward JMU by saying you play OU again and they come in from 12 hour break is not penalizing a day 1 loser enough.

All I do know is if Alabama beats FSU and Fouts sits good luck to anyone facing her the next two days.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Yeah OU has to love that they get home games and a broken NCAA World Series system.

Sorry day should have started with JMU vs Alabama with winner advancing to the finals. Loser waits to play OU vs FSU winner and then that winner is the other half of the finals.

This system rewards losers and penalizes winners!

Ask an early loser at nationals how it feels to enter the meat grinder. NCAA coddles losers with the current setup.

Now JMU’s reward for beating OU day 1 is have to play them 3 times? That is. Broken system. I mean if OU fights back and plays back to back games on Sunday to be the second team in then fine but to reward JMU by saying you play OU again and they come in from 12 hour break is not penalizing a day 1 loser enough.

All I do know is if Alabama beats FSU and Fouts sits good luck to anyone facing her the next two days.
I like some of your points for sure but you lost me at JMU vs. Alabama. Penalize the winners?

Not a knock @Pigskinguru34 and want to know more. What are your thoughts? What is a better bracket? I am drop dead serious so please don't take this personal as so many seem to do these days. Throw it out for sure! I am interested as I am not sure the current way it plays out is the best way either.

Good convo and let's keep it going!

S3

Last edited: