JMU - what a shock!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Not sure about you, but that doesn’t seem like somebody who wanted to discuss anything 🤷🏽‍♂️
Always happy to discuss Pattar and certainly no hard feelings. I have to admit I can't hang at 3:27 am in the morning like I used to but always happy to discuss.

S3

Oct 14, 2019
Interesting. 3 teams from the Southeast in the final 4. FSU and JMU each have 1 player on the roster from CA. Bama has none.

Aug 1, 2019
I’ll take Odicci Alexander with a day’s rest. How about OU’s “tired” pitchers?
The "only" benefit to losing day 1 is you get the next day off. Maybe other benefits but none than I can think of.

So I don't think OU will be too tired as they had the day off on Friday and they have used 3 pitchers the whole tournament compared to Rachel Garcia who went 3 days in a row.

Yes, Odicci with the day off yesterday is strong. I will take OU to send them home today but who knows right? That's why they line up and play. Should be another great day of softball although not seeing FSU winning against Bama but always a puncher's chance.

Aug 1, 2019
Interesting. 3 teams from the Southeast in the final 4. FSU and JMU each have 1 player on the roster from CA. Bama has none.
Good stat and surprising Bama doesn't have any from Cali. I would not have thought that to be the case. Nice post!

Dec 11, 2010

Good stat and surprising Bama doesn't have any from Cali. I would not have thought that to be the case. Nice post!
Check out Murphys roster.

I think he recruits a certain kind of player with a certain kind of attitude and I think he likes them able to be on campus as much as possible.

Not everyone digs the type of attitude the California travel ball scene breeds. Sorry in advance if I have offended anyone’s intrinsic awesomeness.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019
Check out Murphys roster.

I think he recruits a certain kind of player with a certain kind of attitude and I think he likes them able to be on campus as much as possible.

Not everyone digs the type of attitude the California travel ball scene breeds. Sorry in advance if I have offended anyone’s intrinsic awesomeness.

Oct 14, 2019
It seems that the top notch SE teams no longer rely on the California recruits. There are more than enough local/regional players to fill out the roster. I see more California players on the second tier teams like UCF (10 Californians).

Dec 11, 2010
Someone recently posted that Stanford uses a lot of out of state recruits- and another that Notre Dame has a lot of Illinois recruits. I’m guessing there are some high academic players being siphoned out of the Chicago area private schools but I really don’t know for sure.

There are some ins and outs to all this, in Illinois our state schools are struggling, tuition is very high and coaches don’t have many options to make it more affordable. Might be a similar reason if Stanford is recruiting out of state?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812