I've never heard of a left handed softball pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 11, 2009
Mesa Arizona
To switch over from a righty to a lefty is fairly easy. The reason why I say it's easy is because your dominant eye is closer to the pitch and your reaction speed is increased. Now, granted there are people whos dominant eye is opposite their batting style. A righty could have a left eye be their dominant eye. You also have to be skilled enough to transition the mechanics needed to move to the other side of the ball. Also i'm not an expert on batting but that's my take on the situation.

Mar 11, 2009
two more

Katie Burkhart, D1 national champion, Kat Ostroman Olympic Gold Medalist!! Both southpaws!! Haven't you seen them pitch?

The reason you don't see as many lefties as righties pitching is simply because there are a lot more right handed people than there are left handed people.

The reason you see almost as many left handed pitchers as righties in MLB is because teams want to have as many....basically, if you pitch in baseball and are left handed, your chances of making it farther are a lot greater than if you are right handed.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes