Left Handed Throw Catchers Mitt for dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I second LE's suggestion on a baseball firstbaseman's glove. I have been using a HOH firstbaseman's glove to catch my DD from 12U-16U and it has served it's purpose. Now she is throwing in the low to mid 60's and I am thinking about a catcher's mitt, but I have had no problems up to this point.

I am also a lefty and have had trouble finding any decent catchers mitts that aren't custom.
If you can deal with the color, there's this baseball beauty from Rawlings in left-handed throw.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
All-Star makes a few left-handed throw, too. You can get a baseball or fastpitch one for under $150.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
All-Star makes a few left-handed throw, too. You can get a baseball or fastpitch one for under $150.

I remember when you could get a LHT CMW3000 for $99 straight from All-Star. Good ole days!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
What about this?
https://all-starsports.com/collections/fp-mitts/products/heiress™-fastpitch-catching-mitt?variant=41472396427321
That's one of the ones I saw, but sizing could be an issue with All-Star. Most fastpitch mitts are too small for a man's hand, except the Liberty Advanced. That's why I had to go with a baseball mitt after the LA no longer provided enough padding.

Mar 15, 2019
California
I know you have a budget, but this mitt here will last a very long time. I have had mine for 3+ years and even with my oldest DD now touching 60-62 and more movement, I still don't feel a thing:

I did find another LHT catcher's mitt but the padding isn't the greatest. A catcher would catch my DD with this one and her hand would feel raw after just one inning:

Another All-Star option, but price is a bit more:

@KJG81 I also sent you a PM

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019
California
If you can deal with the color, there's this baseball beauty from Rawlings in left-handed throw.

IMO, that is a beautiful mitt! I tried it out and although the fit was nice, it is likely too small for fastpitch with it's 32.5" size and it is super stiff. I even tried catching my son who pitches in baseball and it felt small for that, but I'm no pro catcher either...

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018
IMO, that is a beautiful mitt! I tried it out and although the fit was nice, it is likely too small for fastpitch with it's 32.5" size and it is super stiff. I even tried catching my son who pitches in baseball and it felt small for that, but I'm no pro catcher either...
Why is 32.5 too small for a bucket dad? What is the worst thing that might happen, dad not make a backhand pick in the dirt?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles