IScore / Gamechanger / Presto Sports?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2018
What scoring apps do people use?

I know a lot of teams use Gamechanger. Saw some good reviews for IScore. And many college teams use Presto.

Seems like all have scoring, stats, and a way to share live games.

What’s easiest for people to learn? For those that coach, do you find one more useful? Extra points these apps can work with streaming, video, or a venue scoreboard.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Never heard of presto and a quick App Store search didn’t turn up much.

GC seems to be the standard but we have tried iScore and liked it as well. Fans following us liked IScore better too.

It’s like what bat or which beer.

Less filling.. tastes great...

I’m sure you’ll get many opinions here.

Feb 17, 2014
Have always used GC. I don't know anything about iScore. I have heard that coaches like it because you can't see a team in it unless an admin gives you access unlike GC where I can look up and see the games for any team that uses it. Some coaches don't want other teams to see what they're doing I guess?

Sep 21, 2017
PA
We use Game Changer. I'm not the one who runs it during games, so I can't give you many pros/cons, but I love the breakdowns I get. My assistant, who runs it, love the ease of it. Parents seem to like it.

We haven't used iScore, so can't help you out there.

May 4, 2016
East Coast
GameChanger (GC) is super easy to learn. iScore less so, but iScore has more "advanced" functions that aren't needed 99.5% of the time.

Big advantage of "everyone" using GC is that you can import your opponent easily during the 3 minutes of pre-game time between back to back tourney games. Team stats can be set to not visible which is awesome from an opponents scouting or parents nitpicking line-ups perspective.

Edit: For travel ball, create your season as Spring 2020 or Summer 2020. Then you only have to pay once for the full year of Plus or Premium access. This access is what lets your families at home watch the games in "real time" which is super cool.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
GC interface is so easy to use. I score game son my iPhone (standard size) and never have want for a bigger screen like an iPad.

My only issue is after the Dicks Sporting Goods acquisition, the software has actually *lost* some features. I miss being able to add a note to a play to help explain what happened if "non-standard" events occurred.

One extra feature that Ive sent to the development team, is I wish there was a way to record a "bunt foul" vs just "foul ball". As a coach, I always want to get a good understanding about which of my players can lay down a bunt *on the first attempt*...

Jun 12, 2015
I love iScore. To me it's much better than GC, to use and for the stats it generates. But I like it when other teams use GC so I can watch online. That's a huge advantage for friends & family who can't make the game. I've never heard of Presto.

Jul 2, 2013
I've used both and prefer iScore but every team DD as been on the last few years has preferred GameChanger. The easiest way for me to explain the differences is to compare them to the most popular cell phones out there.

GC is like an iPhone
Easier to learn and more "user friendly" interface. More popular of the two in general.

iScore is like an Android
More difficult to learn but the people who like it, love it. More advanced on what can be done for stat geeks.

Jul 13, 2014
Nashville, TN
I have been scoring with iScore since 2011, and found it very intuitive from the beginning (actually kept paper book the first time, just in case - wasn't needed). I iScorecast games, which allows my parents to watch the games without paying (I believe GameChanger requires additional money). I paid $9.99, one time cost way back in 2011 and have more than got my money's worth.

Jul 29, 2012
NC
GC interface is so easy to use. I score game son my iPhone (standard size) and never have want for a bigger screen like an iPad.

My only issue is after the Dicks Sporting Goods acquisition, the software has actually *lost* some features. I miss being able to add a note to a play to help explain what happened if "non-standard"

One extra feature that Ive sent to the development team, is I wish there was a way to record a "bunt foul" vs just "foul ball". As a coach, I always want to get a good understanding about which of my players can lay down a bunt *on the first attempt*...

To add a note hit the scorebook tab and it comes up with a note. Not as easy as it was but still there.

You can score bunt fouls. Ball in play, Bunt, Foulball. Also will score the out after fouling with two strikes.

My gripe is it used to interface with SportsEngine to put stats on our team page. But now I have to enter it manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles