Viewing official scorebooks

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2022
Oh, OK. You're not asking so much ''was that a hit or error?" as much as you're asking to see how college scorers are using 'shorthand' in the scorebooks. There are many ways to do it, as you may know, and there may or may not be a standard way to score even within a league or conference.

I imagine most college teams are using some software like Game Changer where they're given choices of hit, error, etc., and it's automated. And the play-by-play that I've given links for are probably automated output. Scorekeeper isn't using pencil and paper, just clicking buttons on a laptop.
Yeah, their shorthand in the scorebook, but especially for the complicated plays like runner on first makes it to second on a stolen base but throw from catcher is wild and goes into center field while runner keeps going and eventually gets called out at home for going too far outside the basepath while the catcher tried to tag her out. Rare things that seem to happen frequently on my daughter's team and makes me constantly ask the coach..."how would I record that?" LOL!

May 5, 2022
Game Changer Team Manager allows me to view a PDF scorebook of the game after it's over. I'm not sure if it's available for other team's Game Changer, but I'd be happy to email you a few of our game summaries so you can see how they look when completed.

Just a word of caution, though. Not every book is created equal. Some are way too small to put any detailed markings, so you really need a good book to start with. Feel free to PM me so I can send you some.
And a good pair of glasses! LOL!

I'm looking for what you are offering but only for games that I can go back and watch myself so that I can score it as I watch it and then have something from someone else to compare mine to to see where I didn't record it right.

May 5, 2022
This is what you see. It appears it only works for a team you are associated with.
Yeah, that is awesome! What I found though is that most of the college teams that I can find on demand on the ESPN app to watch don't do Game Changer. Oklahoma does, but I haven't found many others.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
Yeah, their shorthand in the scorebook, but especially for the complicated plays like runner on first makes it to second on a stolen base but throw from catcher is wild and goes into center field while runner keeps going and eventually gets called out at home for going too far outside the basepath while the catcher tried to tag her out. Rare things that seem to happen frequently on my daughter's team and makes me constantly ask the coach..."how would I record that?" LOL!

You can always ask this forum for opinions on various scoring plays. We never disagree on that sort of thing either. :LOL:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802