Introduction

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 19, 2011
What do you coach, IE: travel ball, high school, rec ball, ect... and what age group and how long. Kind of an introduction of sorts.

Myself.....Carolina Cardinals travel ball, Davie High school.

Here is a link to our org. web site with a little history on how things got started.
Carolina Cardinals

With the passing of our "coach", coach Chandler, this past year while in Cali.. The Cardinal family and North Carolina softball will miss this great man. Good luck in your upcoming season.

Coach Beck

May 11, 2009
I coach a 14U B level travel team in Southeast Iowa, Kalona Nitro. Have coached all aspects of the game from 8U up to 14U for 6 years now. I have a real passion for the game and for helping the kids learn the game.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Last year I coached a 14U A travel team out of Kennesaw, Ga. (north of Atlanta). I have assisted and coached my DD's teams since she was 5YO in 6U rec. Incuding High scool metro for the past 4 years. This year I am going to sit in the stands and watch. After she gets out of High School (she's in 8th grade this year), I am thinking about starting over with another team (no more kids, just for fun). I really enjoyed coaching and teaching the girls new skills so I would like to do it again. But for now I will help her outside of team practice and let her get used to other coaches on the field.

DSC

Feb 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I started working with my girls on a summer rec league. This lead to my helping out with practices for the school team. The following year I ended up helping coach the 12U summer rec team, and also took a more involved role with the school team.

This year I will again be coaching a 12u summer rec team, and will likely continue working with the school team. The current coach keeps saying it is time for someone else to step up and take over, and I am thinking I might enjoy doing that. I just have much to learn before I would feel competent coaching a school team.

I never knew coaching a girls softball team would be such an enjoyable experience.