Help!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2022
So my daughter has always been a solid player. Last year she played high school, middle, and travel. She struggle playing up with a A level travel team but found her groove. However, she quit high school this year (8th grader). So, everyone has been practice everyday and she hasn’t. (We moved about 45 minutes away) and she stayed with friends who don’t play. Anyway, we had our first tournament coming off of the high school season. It was really bad. Mind you she is still going to her batting coach. Who we’ve also switch recently because of the move. I can tell the break wasn’t good for her. she ended up being DP in the semi finals and I know it broke her heart her favorite part is playing the field. We had a long talk in the car and she is willing to step up her game but I’m not sure how to help her get to where she needs to be…….. any advice Is helpful.
I ordered a batting cage net with the small ball pitching machine, and a new Tee. I played ball growing up just not as competitive as her.

Oct 26, 2019
So my daughter has always been a solid player. Last year she played high school, middle, and travel. She struggle playing up with a A level travel team but found her groove. However, she quit high school this year (8th grader). So, everyone has been practice everyday and she hasn’t. (We moved about 45 minutes away) and she stayed with friends who don’t play. Anyway, we had our first tournament coming off of the high school season. It was really bad. Mind you she is still going to her batting coach. Who we’ve also switch recently because of the move. I can tell the break wasn’t good for her. she ended up being DP in the semi finals and I know it broke her heart her favorite part is playing the field. We had a long talk in the car and she is willing to step up her game but I’m not sure how to help her get to where she needs to be…….. any advice Is helpful.
I ordered a batting cage net with the small ball pitching machine, and a new Tee. I played ball growing up just not as competitive as her.
Why did she quit high school?

May 22, 2022
Long story but she has anxiety, add, ect. Had to miss a practice because she was struggling with her mental health. Her coach said she wouldn’t be playing the upcoming tournament. I sent him a doctors note and he said it sounded like an excuse and she seems fine. I told him it’s a real thing and we wouldn’t play for a coach that doesn’t take mental health serious.

Aug 20, 2017
Do you have any video of her hitting? If so, post it and then pick and choose the advice you use. You will get some helpful tips on her mechanics. Assuming you want hitting advice since you posted in this forum.

May 22, 2022
I know what she is doing wrong. I guess I’m asking for a good everyday routine at home to help.

May 16, 2019
My everyday routine . I think kids 7-9 should hit out of a 45 degree stance. If you kid is struggling start here.
1. Helicopter drill
2. Stretch n fire drill 45 and 90
3. Take , stop at contact, swing drill

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Defensively this may seem like the obvious answer. Yet it is far more critical than people sometimes apply themselves to.
Re-establish interacting on the field. See if you can find some Fielding clinics in the area you are now.
Either you have to hit her a lot of balls on the field or she has to find a place to get those reps.

May 12, 2016
Long story but she has anxiety, add, ect. Had to miss a practice because she was struggling with her mental health. Her coach said she wouldn’t be playing the upcoming tournament. I sent him a doctors note and he said it sounded like an excuse and she seems fine. I told him it’s a real thing and we wouldn’t play for a coach that doesn’t take mental health serious.
Unbelievable that people still today fail to understand what a struggle anxiety and panic attacks can be. My DD struggled with as well and still does, and so do I to a certain degree. Whatever you end up doing, keep it light, help her see the enjoyment in the game. Something I failed doing with my own DD sometimes. Softball is just as much mental as physical and confidence is huge. QQ, Does she want to play A ball?

May 16, 2019
Unbelievable that people still today fail to understand what a struggle anxiety and panic attacks can be. My DD struggled with as well and still does, and so do I to a certain degree. Whatever you end up doing, keep it light, help her see the enjoyment in the game. Something I failed doing with my own DD sometimes. Softball is just as much mental as physical and confidence is huge. QQ, Does she want to play A ball?
I have a GD that enjoys ( most of time ) playing in the Rec. league. Skill wise is able to play TB and will guest pitch but says, "I want to have fun." I think for some kids TB sucks the life and enjoyment out of them. She want to be able to do weekend family things and attend church on Sundays. She's 12 so she has time but it gets tougher as she gets older. I have a few kids on my varsity team that do not play TB , so it is possible. The overall wellbeing of your child is the most important thing and I have to step back and remind myself that with the GD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802