Interesting Events Going Down at the LLSBWS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 17, 2010
Central wins. All is as it should be now.

Except that the girls on the West team go home - presumably not due to their talent, but due to their jackass coach who felt he had to game the tournament.

While I agree that the Central team got what they deserved, the West team didn't due to the actions of an "adult". I hope he sleeps well tonight.

-D

Nov 18, 2013
Except that the girls on the West team go home - presumably not due to their talent, but due to their jackass coach who felt he had to game the tournament.

While I agree that the Central team got what they deserved, the West team didn't due to the actions of an "adult". I hope he sleeps well tonight.

-D

The Snohomish kids cheated and deserve to be sent home too.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL

-D

So an adult tarnished some kids LL experience through bush league antics making it about them instead of the kids. I suppose next we will hear that some adults falsified addresses, birth certificates, etc. Actually it sounds like a typical season to me.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Here is what I understand and what many of you are not saying... The West team was 3-0, but just barely beat the Central team, they probably could have gone 4-0 and advanced... but had they done that, the Central team would have also advanced. Now the West team up to that point had won their games by double digits. I imagine the Coach felt that the Central Team was probably one of the better teams and didn't want to face them in the finals.

That's what I see as the problem... The Coach did it to send one of the better teams home, not to "rest" his players. But Karma goes around... I hope the Snohomish Shock doesn't tank games just to get into the Silver bracket because they can win that one.... probably so tho!!!!

Sep 29, 2014

-D

Which is why coaches suspension seemed like the best course of action...but who knows. If there are not any obvious rules for this situation, which apparently there are not, then you just have to make them up as you go. Always stinks to see kids punished for the actions of adults.

Jul 28, 2008
I hope the Snohomish Shock doesn't tank games just to get into the Silver bracket because they can win that one.... probably so tho!!!!

Coach Kevin,

Under no circumstances does the organization do, or advocate this. We have a very good reputation locally and down in Oregon and we wish to maintain this. We are also in no way affiliated with Little League. There does happen to be some girls on this Little League team who also play for our organization as well as coaches who coach for us. We have been pulling for them this summer, as would any organization who has girls getting this far. The situation is a mess and the coach will abide by the ramifications of his decisions. Unfortunately, so will his players.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Here is what I understand and what many of you are not saying... The West team was 3-0, but just barely beat the Central team, they probably could have gone 4-0 and advanced... but had they done that, the Central team would have also advanced. Now the West team up to that point had won their games by double digits. I imagine the Coach felt that the Central Team was probably one of the better teams and didn't want to face them in the finals.

That's what I see as the problem... The Coach did it to send one of the better teams home, not to "rest" his players. But Karma goes around... I hope the Snohomish Shock doesn't tank games just to get into the Silver bracket because they can win that one.... probably so tho!!!!

This is exactly what happened, and karma came around and bit them for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck