Interesting Events Going Down at the LLSBWS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I've been hearing some credible reports that Iowa was sandbagging against Canada to get in a full 6 innings and not run rule them. This then dropped their runs against/def innings. And that's why LL'S ruling came out saying "some teams" were not playing fully. That's why they scheduled a playin game. Knowing full well they would burn their aces.

If this is true, it adds a new twist.

Added: Let me rephrase that. The people are credible, I do not know if the information is.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2013
For quite some time LL has been a cesspool of drama with ethically challenged coaches. …

I don’t mind anyone taking shots at LLI, as long as they take the same kind of shots at every other organization. Not to do that is akin to the pot calling the kettle black.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
I am watching the championship game right now. It is setting women's sports back 20 years. i think the families in the stands think they are watching the best 11-13 year olds in the nation.

Agreed. I saw the 10U PGF Championship in SoCal. These LLs wouldn't have much of a chance against them. And they would be far outcoached.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am watching the championship game right now. It is setting women's sports back 20 years. i think the families in the stands think they are watching the best 11-13 year olds in the nation.

I know in some areas of the country TB girls play REC and may be eligible for the LLWS, but in our area the best players move to TB at 10U and 12U and never look back.

Sep 29, 2014
In WA the team with all the controversy surrounding them looks like they were U trip WA state champs and NSA Western WS champs and 2nd at ASA qualifiers so its not like these girls are as bad a some suggest. I think most are average to better than average TB teams in most states.

Just more FYI on the crazy scenario the WA team could not have let their second string girls try hard to win, read another article on tiebreaker if they had fought hard at lost they would have been eliminated the tiebreaker meant the only way they could advance was either win or lose scoring 0, the fact of Iowa being out too was secondary factor not primary factor, not sure that changes much but it is a different story than first told. My guess is double elimination format is in LL regionals future.

Finally congrats to the NC girls on their win

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
In WA the team with all the controversy surrounding them looks like they were U trip WA state champs and NSA Western WS champs and 2nd at ASA qualifiers so its not like these girls are as bad a some suggest. I think most are average to better than average TB teams in most states.

Just more FYI on the crazy scenario the WA team could not have let their second string girls try hard to win, read another article on tiebreaker if they had fought hard at lost they would have been eliminated the tiebreaker meant the only way they could advance was either win or lose scoring 0, the fact of Iowa being out too was secondary factor not primary factor, not sure that changes much but it is a different story than first told. My guess is double elimination format is in LL regionals future.

Finally congrats to the NC girls on their win

But dj, didn't the WA girls lose to the Iowa girls when they played them the 2nd time? I'm gonna assume that it was an elimination game and coached/played to win. And Washington ain't Cali. Yes, hats off to NC.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
And Washington ain't Cali. Yes, hats off to NC.

Amen and thank God to that!

That team from Washington actually played in the ASA Metro championships and did not qualify for ASA states. They went to states because another team, which they lost to, qualified but had no interest in going. That was all at the B level, by the way.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26