Interesting Events Going Down at the LLSBWS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
Using your own words above - why play to lose at all?? Why not win (which seems to be highly likely considering how they did in their other games)?

I can only go by what he wrote in his press release. I'm assuming he had respect for the ability of the southeast team and did not want to risk losing a tight game. The only 100% guarantee was to concede the game and not score. That's how I interpret his decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Interesting thing about the Little League Pledge:

I've had DDs in LL softball for several years, and I never knew about the LL Pledge. DD #1 went through a long umpire training, and DD #3 had a short ump training yesterday.

OTOH, this is Madison, WI, where something like the Pledge would be less popular than in some other places.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
OK seriously, the length of this thread has completely outgrown the cumulative interest in Little League softball in the entire rest of the DFP site. Time to let go!

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
Yup...it's like having a football conversation about the lingerie league.

LoL. I get it. I don't want to talk about it either. It's just frustrating to me to see a person I know getting shafted and slandered. Like what he did or hate it, the way he and his team have been treated is an injustice.

With that, I'll bow out of this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Not our job to prove one way or another. Little League offcials were on scene, watched the game, and determined that the West coach instructed his team (directly or indirectly) not to score any runs.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Was it not reported that the local LL officials dismissed Central's claim and opted to not take action?

Sep 29, 2014
Maybe I'm missing something here. Was it not reported that the local LL officials dismissed Central's claim and opted to not take action?

Exactly the local officials on hand running the regional rules against the protest so it would seem they did not see the merit in the protest. It is VERY strange that the Headquarters over ruled them. You would think the the first thing the HQ would ask is what did the local board rule and why? The the team would have a big burden to prove what the local board got wrong. If they really thought both teams violated the rules they could have DQed both teams and advanced the #4 team. Still not understanding why they did not just suspend the manager (if they thought he did something wrong) then move on with the tournament.

but alas 18 pages is probably enough on this topic my closing thought would be that I hope LL makes changes next years so this never happens again...at the very least play the final pool games at the same time better yet go to a elimination format of any kind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi